Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,616   Online: 673

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holga question

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Holga is all about the images you get. I know that some people have multiple Holgas because each CAMERA can have a seperate look it gives the image. It isn't so much abut the equipment, but the aesthetic. Plus, if it dies, is lost, etc. who cares!

I have a friend who has a Holgaroid that she just carries with her to take random snaps with. The idea being she can always have a camera in her purse, and will always be ready when something interesting presents itself. Holgas are great for that.

Honestly, I suggest you buy one and try it. They really are fun.

PS - Also the image above is the best rated image of mine EVER. Go figure.
    Last edited by Robert Kennedy; 08-19-2004 at 12:04 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Had to add something....
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Photography makes me happy also! I just wanted to see what responses I would get. Thanks all!
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm
    I dont have to worry if I drop mine in a river as Im wading neck high through it...
    I think the Holga would float! That may be the only _technical_ advantage the Holga has over everything else.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This thread has inspired me to get my Holga's taped up again and throw 'em the case with the Deardorff.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    Why is it that photographers insist on talking about equipment rather than the images Wonder if painters discuss which brush they used, etc. Always amazed me that we get so caught up with nuts and bolts.

I suppose the bottom line; it makes me happy.
    That's a guy thing!!!

BTW this might be going off the topic a little, but, some people take Holga's and Pinhole photography to near cult status. An example is a couple named Victoria Cooper and Doug Spowart. I went to a workshop of theirs recently where they showed some unusual examples of camera they had constructed themselves. They took a road trip across Australia, in a van they had converted into a giant pinhole camera. After backing the thing up to the subject, they'd then pull the blinds, expose the film and drive off. There was something just a little odd about it (to me) .... but ...... they were certainly very passionate about their work (let's just put it that way).

Some excellent images on their website ([color=#800080]http://www.home.aone.net.au/greatdivide/[/color]) some using 4x5 Velvia RVP50 !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin