Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,396   Online: 994

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I mostly used work-shoes, very resistant to every kind of situation.
    Boots for fall and winter and shoes for others seasons.
    A pair of old black very cheap boots march with me since 1995, they are used most by the countryfarmers, they are the best when I walk in the hills.
    Last fall I started to use a pair of fake Timberland, very well made, but they are not so used enough to say if they are enough good.
    For the rest...barefoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wait until a good pair of athletic shoes goes on sale. I purchase a pair break them in, then wait until I go someplace exotic. No sense getting a expensive pair of shoes with the situations I can get myself into, I wouldn't want to wrap them up and stick them back in my suitcase. I have no regrets tossing destroyed cheap shoes. I am to stingy to buy expensive and then have to feel the pain of tossing them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For me; I go as light as possible. I bought a pair of these very cheaply about 8yrs ago. They've walked a long way through 'bout 20 countries on coral to tarmac. I don't know how Clarkes could have made any money on these things. They now have their own dedicated corner of the wardrobe (mainly because wifey won't let any of hers near them).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I currently have a pair of Italian made lowa boots; however, my next pair will be custom made. I'm currently deciding between Esatto boots and Limmer boots.

http://www.esatto.biz/index.html

http://www.limmerboot.com/opening.html
    Facts are facts; however, perception is reality.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One thing I've found *not* to do is go caving in flip flops. You tend to slide out of them.

Other than that I've used anything from old work boots to strapon sandals to water shoes (stream crossings). If it feels good wear it!
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Basic Timberlands for offroad and winter use.

Rockport Walker brogues for more urban settings. With the ortho heel pads I use I can walk for hours in these, even carrying a lot of gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Terra Wild-siders, Military. Black. Steel toe, steel shank, oil, acid, & chemical resistant soles. (Hey, you just never know...) Actually I wear these for work, I have never slid, they stick to just about anything (yes teflon too, I've tried) and are full ankle support, saved me a sprain or two. Draw back: weight!
    A pair of cheap velcro sandles (prefered with a cushy sole, not the hard type) for warm weather around town shooting. Drawback: funny tan lines that look like dirt patches on your feet.
    A nice pair of dress shoes for the "must look apropriate" times.
    Sneakers for everything else.

Images
    Merrils, for work, play, light hiking, with super stiff soles, and superfeet inserts. Gotta have the superfeet inserts

Five-ten hiking books for the cold and wet, assuming I worry about it.

3 year old Teva Sandals for the hot days
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For street work, Doc Martins. Another would be Rockport's walking shoes. Very good.

And while I do look good in them, the 6" stilettos just kill my feet!
    Official Photo.net Villain
    ----------------------
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]DaVinci never wrote an artist's statement...[/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    My lucky green Docs. People don't seem to ask as many questions after they see my shoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin