Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,330   Posts: 1,537,194   Online: 830

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Footware.

Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    The perfect vehicle for LF'ers thread got me thinking. An often overlooked (or at least seldom talked about) piece of equipment vital to the large format shooter or any nature shooter is comfortable shoes/boots.

I just bought a new pair of boots yesterday and was wondering what others on this site like.

I like the Ecco track 2 with the buff color rubber sole and have been wearing them for years. It has the best wet traction I have ever had in a boot and seem to last forever. I have had the same pair for the last 8 years and only recently felt that I needed to replace them with a new pair. Mostly for cosmetic reasons than anything else.

What do you all wear when out in the field?
    That's a good point Scott, they are important and not to be underestimated. I use a pair of boots I bought when I was in the Marines in 1960 ( they let you buy your own if you wished ) and they are still going strong, and are still comfortable, which is more than you can say for the owner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From Australia, "Blundstones". Great slip-on boot..tough...water proof. Look dorky with shorts though..

Vasque for serious stuff...

Clarks and Ecco all else.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Timberland for hiking and any kind of work in an industrial area where you may have to worry about sharp objects on the ground.

For just working in an urban envrionment or not to far from the car, I usually wear New Balance, only because they are simply the most comfortable for long walking.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm another vote for Merrells. They're so comfortable that I was hiking in them the day after I bought them with no problems. Great hikers.

S

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I heard Bass Pro has some good lighter weight snake boots....we have a new Bass Pro shop here in Vegas...I am going to check them out soon....had a close call in Grapevine Canyon in the Mojave last spring....Mojave Green rattlers.....rowdy rascals...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin