Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,755   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Awakening of Fuji: Choosefilm Relaunch

Hello,

some years ago Fujifilm UK started the film website choosefilm.com.

Good idea, but this site was made and supported in a very bad way. Looks like Fujifilm UK have learned, at least they have just started a relaunch of choosefilm.com.

This new website looks much, much better designed:

http://choosefilm.com/

Let's hope this is also a sign of an improved PR management of Fuji and a much better marketing for film as a photographic medium.

Best regards,
    Henning

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It looks much better now and amazingly, it remembered me. Or perhaps it's more amazing that I remembered my password!

It's also a nice gesture that they put in a piece about Kodak's new Portra film in the news section.

And if you scroll down to the bottom, every page has got Velvia style frame numbers and edge of film text.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ...And if you scroll down to the bottom, every page has got Velvia style frame numbers and edge of film text...
    And the top has a sheet film code notch.

If only Kodak would do something like this...

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    And if you scroll down to the bottom, every page has got Velvia style frame numbers and edge of film text.
    RDPIII is Provia 100F and so is the notch code

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks much better.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't really see much different as before content wise. It's a buddypress 1-click instant community as before, but running a different vanilla theme, basically they took this theme: http://buddypressthemes.org/ moved the rotating image box to the header, tweaked some colors and added a few background images of film notches. But still it's good to see they are having some involvement with film. I'm just bringing this up because I'm unsure how "awakened" it is. Internet marketing firms pump stuff like this out all day long..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

can this be (a little bit) hopefull?

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately for US residents this is a UK-based site and is geared towards European consumers. It'd be nice if there was a US equivalent but it may be that Fuji has given up on the US market except being the sole supplier of color film to Walmart.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    I suspect that Fuji UK has been quite proactive in setting this up and also the online store they have, I think that these initiatives are run locally rather than from Japan, so there may be scope to persuade Fuji USA to follow this lead.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    but it may be that Fuji has given up on the US market except being the sole supplier of color film to Walmart.
    You could be right, they pulled their sponsorship here a few months ago and most APUG traffic is from North America. I tried to encourage them to keep some presence here even a minor one, and you could almost say "they didn't return my calls". Oh well..

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin