Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,480   Online: 924

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    A polaroid BW and a Zeiss Icon
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    35mm

Kodak

Kodak 35mm Motormatic. I upraded to an Alpa 6C and regretted it until I got rid of it...JUNK..but a wonderful lens and very pretty.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My first was a Kodak 127. I still have it and the photos I took with it when I was a child. I'm either a hoarder or it was very special to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first camera I owned, given to me in my youth, was a Kodak Instamatic of some sort. I showed enough of an interest that my father started letting me use his Zeiss Contessa.

The first camera I bought, and one that I still have (and will probably never part with) was a Nikon FE2. It think they'd been on the market for two months when I bought mine. Great camera. I don't know how many thousands of rolls of film I've put through it, but it still operates like new. I don't shoot much 35mm any more, but just picking up the Nikon and handling it takes me back.

Great thread!
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My first camera was a Hasselblad 500 from the first Seventies.
    And I bought it in the late nineties...
    But after a couple of month I purchased a Linhof Kardan E that I am still using as my favorite camera (and I have only one objective, (a Linhof signed Schneider 150).
    Ciao

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    My first was a kodak instamatic of some sort also. Then in 8th grade my dad bought me a Mamiya/Sekor 500TL and some lenses and accessories. I still have them all. The light meter died, so a couple years ago I bought another one on ebay in the hopes I could fix it. Same problem! Two years ago my boyfriend bought me a 500DTL for Christmas that's in great shape. So I can still pretend I am using my old camera, plus I have 3 50mm lenses to pick from.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first was a Baldnette folder. It used it for vacations and photos of my kids for years.

Kinda wish I still had it around, must be old age.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

First Cameras.

I had some sort of 126 camera I bought from the back of a Life cereal box. It didn't work very good though. My mom later got me a Kodak 110 with a built in flash. I have some old pictures from a vacation in Colorado taken with that camera that still look surprisingly good. Later while in Texas in the Air Force I bought a Canon T50. I have probably have taken over a 1000 pictures with that camera and it still works as good today. I now have a T70 to go with it so I can have some manual control to use with then lenses I bought for the T50.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A Minolta XG-1, with a 50 mm. I bought it because me father owned a X-700 and I hoped to lend his primes. Later I did buy his X-700 for a very friendly price. I still have it. I cannot bring myself to sell it. It served me well....

Shooter
    Multi Format

mine was...

... a Canon EOS 30.
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin