Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,772   Online: 858

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

First Camera

Mamiya Sekor 1000 DTL
    Match needle with a 7% spot meter area. Still have fondest of memories. Nothing better than match needle for learning

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    1939 Bolsey fixed lense camera that used 120 film (half-frame) with a spring loaded shutter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My first camera was a Canon FTBn the first year they came out in 1973. Saved up all my summer money and got the camera and my first darkroom. Took me a few weeks because I put it on lay away but it was worth the wait. Still have a special place in my heart for that camera.

Images
    Nikkormat FTN with a Komura 75-135mm lens. That was thirty years ago. Printed some of the negative recently and they are as good, and maybe better, as any think I have shot since. Gave the camera and lens to the son of some friends and he uses it still.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

First

First was a Yashica 124TLR. Then a Pentax Spotmatic. Afterward I went for a Kodak 33/5x7 camera. Have never looked back.
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine was a old Bell and Howell 35mm camera with a funky built in rangerfinder helper. Aimed the line in the viewfinder at the bottom of the picture and transfer the reading to focus ring. Worked amazingly well.

Shooter
    35mm
    My first camera was given to me when I was maybe 4 years old. This was in the early 90's.
    A Vivitar PS33 Focus Free.
    I was rarely allowed any film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure. I was ten years old in the late 1960s. It was plastic and it produced large negatives. I was in the Photography Club in grade school, where we went on field trips, took pictures, then processed them in our school's darkroom. I was so excited by the process that the next year I joined the band and forgot all about photography for almost 20 years.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

What was your first camera?

I lost my first camera, which I received as a gift in the 2nd grade, but recently found a replacement at a thrift store.

Roger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359131121.811342.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My avatar pic..

<------------
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin