Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,314   Online: 1200

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

What was your first camera?

And my Mothers first camera, yes this is the actual camera, she managed to hang on to hers. Gave it to me a couple of years ago. It's missing the little knob for the shutter release, but I just got a micro lathe so who knows maybe I'll make a replacement.

Roger

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1359133712.003005.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film wise, RB67 6 months ago.
    Go to the light......

www.keepsakephotography.us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera? I have no idea but it took 120 film. First non-toy camera was a Kodak Brownie Vecta 127 camera followed a couple of years later by an Agfa folder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was a Canon FTb.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My very first camera, a Christmas gift when I was 10(?), was a Kodak (specifics unknown, although I do recall that the camera did allow some focussing function) that used, if memory serves, 120 format film? My first "real camera," also a Christmas gift (when I was 18) was a Canon TX. I used the thing for five months or so, grew to so dislike the Canon lenses of the era (what I considered to be the hassle of mounting/un-mounting), that I sold the thing and bought a Nikon F2AS, beginning what has come to be a 30-odd year love affair with the Nikon system (18 or so bodies, 20-plus AIS/AFS-D lenses and lots of other assorted stuff alleged to be essential to making photographs...).
    An assortment of F-series Nikons with quite a few Nikkors, a pair of M6s with some Leitz glass, a pair of 500c/ms with a wide range of Zeiss optics and, just to help keep Duracell solvent, a D800.

Favourite films: (1). KE ("Kodachrome Era"): 35mm: PKM25 and PKR64, HP5/Tri-X; 120: PKR64, PanF, FP4. (2). PKE ("Post-Kodachrome Era"): (a) 35mm: E100G, HP5 Plus/Tri-X and Delta 3200; (b) 120: E100G, PanF Plus, FP4 Plus, TMax 100.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did get a Polaroid "Swinger" one year for xmas but my first serious camera was a Nikon FM2 (no n) but I put my finger through the shutter
    trying to reload under pressure so I immediately picked up a FM2n

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Brownie Starmatic, for my 8th birthday.

Somewhere there are some Ektachrome super slides (127) that I used the camera for, although I used it more for Kodacolour.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A gift from my uncle. Still have it and I just looked and it has a roll of film in it. Damn I wonder what could be on that as I haven't touched it in years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a Brownie Target Six-20 as a gift (probably to keep me away from my mother's folding Kodak -- model & disposition no longer remembered). I've not been able to place the date too well -- maybe 1948 or 49. I think the bakelite Hawkeye had appeared by then because the kid up the street who always got more expensive gifts had one at about the same time.

Guess the folks got a good deal -- I still have it and it still works!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_apug_E5613_Brownie_Target_Six_20.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	63157

First one I purchased myself was an Argus C3 at the very end of 1957, tossing off my Christmas money!

Shooter
    35mm
    Very first 35mm was a Tower from Sears Roebuck and Company. Everything was manual and it still works like the day I got it in 1963. My second was an SLR that I got in 1965: Zeiss Ikon Contaflex Super with several Pro-Tessars besides the standard: 35mm, 85mm, 135mm: along with come close-up attachments. Some of you may know that it didn't have an instant return mirror, so the viewfinder went blank at the time of exposure. The mirror came back in place when you advanced the film to the next frame. It was a great kit and everything still works, including the selenium cell built-in meter! I use it several times a year just for kicks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin