Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,615   Online: 860

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    The fixed lens helped teach me to "see"
    and use the elements of the landscape close to me.
    Quite right. I've learned more in the last two years about composition, using only two lenses - a Nikkor 90mm and a Schneider 135mm. I think I have learned more with them than the previous 30 years of using Nikons/Zoom lenses.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first picture I took with my uncle's Agfa box camera when I was four. I still have the print.
    When I was ten: Kodak Instamatic but no money for dev.& print
    Then, 24 years old, a Rollei 35, the first camera that offered full control. Lovely sharp lens. After that Olympus OM-1 and so on etc.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Images
    My Dad gave me his old "Made in USSR Occupied Germany" Exakta VX1000 with Travemat meter prism and a wonderful Zeiss Jena 50mm. I shot Ektachrome X and processed it in Stainless steel tanks in Kodak's E-4 kit. (Which was a perpetual item on my Xmas and B-day present lists). Later, I decided that I wanted a sexier, more modern camera, I lusted for a Nikon F but it was miles outside my teenaged budget so I got a Minolta SRT 101 and stuck with that system for many years.

P.S. I finally got my Nikon F from Keh a couple of years ago. I was out just this morning burning some Tri X in it. Better 30 years late than never
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frist camera hmmmmm!!! Well the first one I used was an old brown Kodak, used 620 films that was Mom's - like a Hawkeye, sans flash. The one of the Kodak 127 cameras.

First "serious" camera was a Canon TLb, was quite nice bought at the PX will in the Army. Went all the way up to an F-1, but now seem to be going backwards, with the older Mamiya 645 and Crown Graphic - and Loving it I might add.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first cameras was an Argus C3. My father bought it when he was in college. The kit had a flash, lightmeter and some other bits and pieces. The instructions were gone by then so it took me a while to figure out how to advance the film. I never did use the light meter(it may not have been working I don't recall). Nut the info in the film boxes worked out pretty well. Then in the late seventies(my last two years in high school) I used a Pentax k1000. That was a joy but it belonged to the school. For a long time after that I didn't do any photography. About 15 years ago when I need Photography as a creative outlet, I couldn't afford a camera so I got into pinhole. Now I'm using Kiev 35 4a and K-60 systems(budget is still tight).
    Rob

Shooter
    Large Format
    When I was in my pre teens my sister gave me a plastic point and shoot as a christmas gift. That hooked me. In high school I used a Polaroid for the yearbook candids. Then in the Navy I was given a Graflex to use while working for Shore Patrol investigations. When I left the Navy it was aYashica Tlr; and now I have several different cameras that serve several different purposes. Use my TLR most of the time.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    1969.... my sister gave me a Kodak Instamatic (I think) as a I was going away to join the Air Force.... been hooked to the medium ever since.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    First one I used was a Olympus half frame (when my age could be represented accurately with my fingers), followed by a Canonet QL17 (I still have this). The first one that was officially mine to start with was a Yashica electro 35 followed by a Canon A1. Migrated to Nikon equipment in my 20s.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Christmas 2000, my wife bought me a Canon Rebel with a kit zoom lens and some black & white film. I took an intro darkroom class and fell in love. Sold the Rebel about 6 months ago to buy film for my 8x10 obsession.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a Ricoh KR10 (well I paid for halfish from paper round earnings) for a birthday when I was about 12 or 13. One day while in the garden taking pics of flowers or something I knocked my camera and tripod over and it ripped the baseplate half off the camera. Surprisingly, it still worked but Dad claimed it on he household insurance. We received a KR-10 Super as a replacement but in the intervening claim/replacement period I'd decided I wanted a Nikon FE, so Dad did a deal with me and kept the Ricoh to use himself and I bought a FE ($$ topped up with more paper round savings). I still have that camera and use it regularly. That would have been 1982 or 1983 I think.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin