Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,764   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Minolta SRT 101 in 1974, gave me a new way of looking at the world around me. In 1985 got a Yashica Mat 124G and loved the bigger negative. 1988 got a "cheap" Calumet Woodfield 4x5 and really love the even bigger negative. Have a Calumet Cadet now for 4x5. But Francesco's wonderful work is tempting me to somehow figure out how to afford an 8x10. Someday...
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My first was a Cannon AE1 program with a 28 to 80 zoom. I knew nothing tecknical then just that I liked shooting. It seems to me those pictures are the most creative I've ever taken. Then I signed up for this do it at home course for "making good pictures". The program was a rip off but I was addicted anyway and went back to college. That camera lasted a really long time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah, the Canon AE-1! Wonderful camera, and the first one I ever purchased for myself. My brother swore I'd use it forever...hate to admit it, but he was right. It still works, and I still use it, though not as often as it deserves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was an Agfa Click 120 which I still have and use. The first camera I bought for myself was a Canon FTb which I learned the basics with.
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the first camera that was actually mine was a little Kodak instamatic 110 camera. But I was allowed to borrow my moms Instamatic 126, or my dads Yashica mat 124. Then when I was in JR High I got an Argus 35mm SLR with a Mamyia M42 lens. Since then I have had a number of cameras from Leica to Deardorff and love using them all.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't know what my first camera was. My dad gave it to me when I was 10 - it was some old camera that he pulled out of his navy barrel. He didn't have any film for it so I ran around just looking through the viewfinder - it's been a long time but I believe everything was upside down. It had a big flash with a round handle and a round silver dome behind the bulb. I loved that camera. My brothers broke it - otherwise I think I would still have it.

My next camera was Kodak pocket camera - took the weird film cartridges. I got that when I was 14. Every camera I've had since has been a point and shoot until buying the Minolta in April this year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    At the risk of revealing my photographic newcomer status, I got my first camera (real or not) four years ago -- Canon Elan IIe. I use it at every portrait session, along with my Bronica.

Got that camera, and within a year I had constructed a darkroom in my basement. A few months later, I went MF. Things tend to progress pretty rapidly when you're obsessed, eh?

- CJ

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nikon FG. 1983. I had walked into Canoga Camera to buy an AE-1 like my father-in-law had and the guy at the counter said the Nikon was a lot more camera for the same $$. Had an AE1 later on, and that guy was so right. It took 10 years before I ever got interested in that Nikon, but when I did, it was there waiting for me. No longer have the FG, but it's about 6 houses down the street. I do still have a Nikon system though. Almost replaced with 6.3 mega-pixel Fuji..........going, going.............

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first camera I used was my Dad's new (at the time) Nikon FE. I think I used it more then he did. My dad still has the camera, but now my niece uses it more than he does.
    The first camera I bought was a Nikon F-401X (N5005) that was on sale dirt cheap (and now I know why). Fall of 2002 I picked up a Yashica C off ebay. Love that bigger negative. Wasn't long before I had commendeered the bathroom for printing. Debating on wether to go with a newer SLR medium format or getting a 4x5 camera. Hmmm choices, choices...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pentax Spotmatic - 1969 or thereabouts.
    Got a Calumet 4x5 a few years after that.
    When my daughter took a photography class in high school not too long ago, the camera she picked out from the used section at the local camera store was also a Pentax 35mm. I don't think it was a Spotmatic, however. Something a few more features.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin