Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,765   Online: 898

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    1st - practika MTL-5 with CZ jena 50mm and 135mm lenses. I found it in the attic of my brothers then new house left there by the previous owners. The lenses were full of fungus but it sparked a flame. I then bought a canon eos 300, sold it, bought a Voigtlander bessa r2 35mm and 90mm lenses, sold it, bought a bronica sqb 80mm and 40mm lenses, sold it bought my current (and future camera) Rollei sl66 and 80mm lens - definitely will not sell it!

I've wasted so much money to get where I am, hindsight is a terrible thing really!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first real camera was a Christmas gift from my father in 1976, a Zorki 4K rangefinder. I still have it and still use it beside other cameras. All manual and no meter it taught me the basics.
    Nearly thirty years later I still hope to be as good with a manual camera as my father is with his little 35mm German 'Arette' bought in the 50s during his National Service in Germany.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    1st - a brand spankin' new Kodak Instamatic 104 (don't ask the year, it was the mid-1960's).

1st REAL camera - a used Practiflex that had been my fathers, sometime around 1970 or so.

First NEW camera - a Kowa SET-R2, circa 1972ish.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ian_greant
    John,

You really had a Mickey Mouse camera? Now that's cool!

sure did <G>
    and it was sold for 50¢ at a garage sale in the early 70s. ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brownie Hawkeye. I loved that camera and enjoyed using it while my father used his Rollieflex, and somewhat later, his Leica M3 which I inherited and were my first 'real' cameras.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    My first camera was one of those Kodak box cameras where you looked from the top to compose. My first "serious" camera was a Kowaflex 35mm SLR with an 50mm lens. Purchased for $100 in 1967. I needed it for art school.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Kodak Disc camera, early 80's. It was total rubbish, but it fitted in your pocket. Probably the worst designed camera in history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My first camera was a Boots 110 cassette camera. My first 'real' camera is the one I have now, an Olympus OM40 program (also known as an OM PC).
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    In the late 1980's, I bought a second-hand Minolta SRT 101 with a selection of very poor lenses. It taught me a lot about exposure control.

But I consider my Tachihara 5x4 as my first camera - the Minolta and the Nikon that came before the LF were just toys by comparison. The Tachi taught me a lot about the art of photography.

It still teaches me .....
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera, which I still have, was a brand new Pentax ME given to me for my 12th b-day. It had a SMC Pentax-A 50mm f1.4 lens on it (still does) and has served me very well in this hobby of mine.

Another piece of nostalgia for me was when I bought my first Nikon - an F4e during my university years. I remember feeling 'professional' and proud when I got that piece of machinery. That first Nikon has traveled the world with me and it was twice dropped (once in a creek and another down an embankment in a quarry!) and it still works fine (thanks to the surgeons at Nikon's repair service shop!).

A couple years ago, I bought my first Hassey. What can I say? It's a statement of elegance and engineering in one unit. Just like my other firsts, I'll keep this one for a very long time.

Nice thread.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin