Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,154   Online: 1038

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A Miranda T with f1.9 Soligor. My Dad bought it in the late 50's. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know whatever happened to it. They're quite collectible now. Maybe my sister has it.

http://www.cameraquest.com/orion.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I saved for weeks and weeks to order a small "Spy Camera" out of the back of a comic book when I was 9 years old. It looked like a tiny SLR made of tin with only a shutter trip and a film winder. It came with one roll of what I now recognize as Minox film wrapped in foil. The plan was take your pics, send in film, receive your prints. Waiting for the prints seemed an eternity. Unfortunately, there were limited instructions. I received six very faint images. Nothing was recognizable and I couldn't remember what I had shot. The film had barely been exposed. Of course at 9 with no photography exprience I figured I'd been ripped off. I never reordered film.
    Cest le vis, however you spell that.
    The Rat

Shooter
    Large Format
    A Speed Graphic, shiny and new when I picked it up in 1954 to take pictures for the school paper. The first camera that was MINE followed shortly thereafter, a very beatup but basically functional Rollei.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I started out with a Kodak X-15 126 camera that I borrowed from my cousin. After shooting a few roles I convinced my parents to buy me a Kodak Handle. Oddly, I still have the camera. It wasn't long before I realized that the instant film was too expensive for a 12 year old, so I saved my lunch money (I was much thinner then) and bought a Yashica 44 TLR (which I still have) from a pal at school. I had a hard time getting film at the local small town pharmacy so I saved my lunch money again (honest, I was much thinner then), went to K-Mart and bought a Minolta SRT-201. Since then I was always a 35mm guy until I switched to a Digital Rebel last year. Once I realized that I couldn't capture the black and white dynamic range I wanted with digital I dumped everything on ebay and switched to 5 X 7. It's proving to be my most fun camera of all.

Cheers,

James

Images
    Magic Rat,

I had that abslutely identical experience. It's a wonder that I ever went on in photography after that.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera was my mother's Kodak 620 Box Brownie which I used with out-of-date Kodabromide paper instead of film. The first camera I bought was a new 120 Roll film Wirgin Folder. About a year after I bought the Wirgin, I started using the High School's 4x5 Speed Graphic.

The first 4x5 I bought was an ancient RB Graflex. The second was a used Linhof Technika - III. I still have both of them.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    My first camera was a Miranda Fv, no meter or any other automation. That was @ 1968. Since then have had Canon Ftb, and F1, Contax RTSII, Kowa Super 66, Graflex Speed Graphic, and various and sundry medium format "oldies" and box cameras. Recently got an old mint minolta Hi-Matic 7II to try rangefinder work, and love it! After all the trials of different cameras, have gone back to an F1n and just a 35 and 100mm lenses. They cover everything I shoot the way I want to shoot it.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My aunt bought for me on I believe my 11th birthday a Koday Imperial 620...I loved framing compositions in that little camera and then taking the film in to see if "anything came out" I've been hooked ever since.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first camera was a Zenith E when I was 14 or 15. Once I had this I needed a part-time job (ffordes photographic)to fund the addiction. This only made matters worse as I was exposed to 'real' cameras and spent several months wages on a Nikon FM kit. Since then I've always been a Nikon man except for my 5x4 Cambo and a recently purchased Olympus Trip 35 for my 10 year old daughter

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In 1977, I bought a brand new Pentax KX and 50mm f/1.8 pentax lens with money I had saved working summers as a caddy (humping rich peoples' golf clubs). Had it overhauled a few years ago and still use it frequently.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin