Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,172   Online: 883

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    Yours description fits my first camera; a Tower Snappy 620 I got at Sears in '61, near Houston, TX.
    Yes, yes, yes. That's it!! And 1961 sounds about right, too. :o

Cheers!

David

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Polaroid Swinger. I loved this thing. You had to coat the images with goo to fix them. It was all great.
    Pity the dyslexic agnostic insomniac who lies awake night after night wondering if there is a dog.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomHarrop
    Polaroid Swinger.
    Polaroid SWINGER!!!

International Man of Mystery voice Sounds Shagadelic Baby!!! International Man of Mystery voice
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Would you believe . . . ?

[COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    First was a Polaroid Swinger received as a gift. Then a few months later, another gift of a Big Swinger. I caught the bug and read all I could for a couple years then bought a Mamiya-Sekor 500DTL with dual spot and averaging meter. Sold that a few years later a bought a Canon F1N w/20mm lens (couldn't afford both a 50mm and a 20mm). Then a Canon EF, A-1, AE-1, Speed Graphic, Speed Graphic, Speed Graphic, CC-401, Sunpet, Diana, Holga, Grover....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 110...Burke & James 11x14.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Lee thanks,

That is the camera mine was black I loved "aiming" through the framer in the center and getting compositions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Would you believe . . . ?
    Ralph, I really don't know how you do it, but, you always seem to come up with just the right image at the right time. Do you produce these over the years hoping the right opportunity will come up to use them?
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    . . . Do you produce these over the years hoping the right opportunity will come up to use them?
    You'll notice from the copyright date, Robert, that one has been hanging around for a while.

Some people believe that was my first studio, opened after I finished shooting the Civil War. But, in truth, it was a nifty diarama at the Deutsche Museum in Munich, photographed when I was there while in the military. More recently, my twisted sense of humor has prompted me to do a fair amount of table-top stuff just for fun. These often lend themselves nicely to being editorial fodder on the forums.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started with one of my father's Mirandas--a mechanical RE. It had an incredibly sharp 50mm 1.4. When the meter died, I was forced to make exposure decisions on my own and did so for years. I'm a better photographer now because of that experience. That poor Miranda is now in dire need of an overhaul and I can't bring myself to spend the money on it, so I keep it around for sentimental reasons. While I do own an autofocus Pentax zx-5n system, I still prefer older bodies and I still often make my own exposure decisions.

Sean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A polaroid I got from an uncle when I was 7. Don't have it any longer.

G

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin