Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,553   Online: 785

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just One. Seven emergency backups though.
    Considerably AWOL at the present time...

Archive/Blog: http://davidwilliamwhite.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    I tend toward one format.. one camera and one lens, with a back up, though I use two different 6"x7" systems. I find it hard to think about how I want the pictures to look when I change gear a lot, so I don't. Of course, I have some 35mm gear and a 4x5 kit on hand, but haven't used them in awhile. I think if I did, I'd use them to the exclusion of the 6x7 for a good long time so I would get quite used to them again.
    I agree Suzanne, I feel that my best cameras are the ones that I'm most used to, the ones I can operate without thinking, which is why I've had almost all of my cameras more than twenty years and am still happy with them, constantly changing the tools and working methods is counter productive.
    I realized long ago that it's not the quality of the cameras and lenses I have that's holding me back from being a brilliant photographer just my lack of talent .
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I don't have just myself to think about...I have three 13-yr old boys. They have very different personalities, so having just one type of camera available for them won't do. I am in the process of getting a Mamiya 330 system together in case one decides to go medium format, plus I already have a Graflex TLR for lighter travel. I have an old Speed Graphic (wood front standard and a list of 24 different shutter speeds!) in case one wants to go 4x5 (it has a nice looking Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 150/4.5 in a Compur), and I have a Nikon N2000 and some lenses if one wants to play with 35mm. I have a "spare" 8x10 (2D with 8x10 and 5x7 backs and a barrel lens) that they can use -- with supervision.

So I need all this extra gear in case they show some interest!

If they want to go digital, they can buy their own -- one boy saved his money and bought a Canon P&S digital. I never have had a darkroom at home, so the boys have not been exposed to that much. I hope to get them into the darkroom some this summer. They do get involved in my work on the other side of the lens.

Two images with boys
    Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
    Scanned 8x10 pt/pd prints
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3Boys, Redwoods_Platinum.jpg   Boys, Resting, Redwoods_Platinum.jpg  
    Last edited by Vaughn; 12-04-2010 at 05:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    All of the cameras that I've built and the one I have not built!!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I can afford it (and luckily I can) one for every mode of working and perhaps a backup. So it changes with the way I work, which makes the industry and Ebay sellers happy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John, I just did an inventory of the cameras I have acquired over the past few months and I was astonished at the number. I thought that my wife was exaggerating but now I see that she actually low balled the number. I bought several cameras for the extra lenses and then never sold the bodies and some came as multiples in a purchase but all the cameras I have I like and use. Some are for specific use and some just because I like them but I still have a list of wants. I am chagrined to say that I have a rather huge collection and there appears to be no end in sight but to answer you question, one of each format but the actual number is seventy-three.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I need as many as I can have without getting divorced
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one 35mm kit with a couple of lenses, 6x6 kit that consists of a C-330 and C-220 bodies along with a few lenses, and a 4x5 kit with a couple of lenses. My mainstay is the 6x6, and shoot the 35mm less than any, and am learning to use the 4x5. For super portability I shoot an Isolette 6x6 folder, and guestimate exposure, simplicity at its finest.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangheye View Post
    I need as many as I can have without getting divorced
    I am blessed to married to an extremely tolerant woman but there are limits to what she can handle at any one time.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not many. Just one more...... Promise!

r

mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin