Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,229   Online: 699

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

film changing tents

Anyone have one of these or can speak to its virtues or pitfalls. There are only 3 reviews on B&H, all good, but I'm hoping for a few more. I'll be using it for 4x5.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ging_Tent.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There's also this one. http://www.calumetphoto.com/eng/prod...ng_room/rm1000

Just started using mine and it is sooooo nice.

I have not tried the Harrison tent.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Works well with 4x5. Can load 4"x5" Grafmatic 45 backs. Probably too small for larger formats.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I lied.

It was bought at Calumet but it's a Photoflex. Here's the BH Photo link http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...423+4291279359
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would recommend the Harrison Pup if cost is not an issue.

I also have a Photoflex (very similar to the Calumet). Although it pops up very quickly, it has much less flat floor space than the Harrison - I found that the the floor curves up quite a distance from the edges.

It's amazing how much (flat) space you need - a stack of empty holders, a stack of full holders, an opened box, film and plastic liner. In that respect, the Harrison is a clear winner.

Merry Xmas,
    Andrew

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My better half bought me the calumet for christmas and its awesome for the price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know this isn't what you asked, but if you can find one of the ones Fuji supplied with their mini lines they are awesome. Blows the Harrison away in my mind.

They show up on evilBay irregularly but fairly often. Seems they usually go for around $60-100.

Sets up bigger than a Harrison. Folds down into its own hard plastic base. Bigger than a Harrison folded down, so that may be an issue.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks for all your responses, I appreciate it.

Chuck

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use the regular Harrison Tent and love it

Too be honest I think I would find the Pup to be a little on the small side for my requirements.

I have up to 12 darkslides to load/empty at one time and the regular Harrison Tent is comfortably roomy where as I think the Pup would be a bit cramped.

YMMV

The whole thing takes less than 1 minute to errect and about the same to pull down again afterwards.

It is one of the best investments I have made in recent years & would buy another straight away without question if I had to replace my current unit

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For my purposes, loading up to 6 4x5 darkslides, the Harrison Pup is excellent.
    It won't be a problem if you buy a new Harrison tent now, but some of the older ones had a flaw that caused them to decay into a sticky mess after a few years (like my first one did...)

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin