Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,245   Online: 728

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Southern Nikonos will no longer be servicing Nikonos cameras

I just got off the phone with Bob at Southern Niknos and he was in good spirits, but he informed me that he will no longer be servicing Nikonos cameras. He says that he has plenty of work, but he is no longer able to do the work on the cameras. he will stop accepting cameras this week.

On the up side, he will continue to provide parts for these cameras for as long as he has them and is able to.

This is a sad day, and a positive one, sad because the skills required to repair these fine cameras will soon be lost forever, but positive because as Bob said, there are plenty of people using these cameras.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bit ironic given the name.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin