Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,013   Online: 875

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Yep Ann! May be the home of APUG, but in this case this is a valid question I think....Sean, any comments?
    I don't think helping someone out with a problem is out of line.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Photomc's right about the scanner lock. On the 3200 it's on the left side towards the back and looks like a large plastic flathead screw top. Just another thing you don't have to worry about in a darkroom...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope I didn't create any controversy by posting...just desperate.

To set the record here...I'm a straight black and white film photographer who is still dependant on darkroom printing only!! The scanner we use is for proofing for the few clients I take. I love this site for all it offers and thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

As much as I'd love to say 'problem solved'...I can't. We've tried everything suggested and still can't get the darned thing to initialize. You can here the scanner set itself (the bar slid back into place, the scanner light came on under the glass), but that's it. After that...the program won't come up for me to operate the scanner. It's almost as if the computer doesn't want to work with the scanner. At a complete loss!

Again...thank you all for taking time to make suggestions. I'm still game for anything else I may be overlooking!

Dorothy--

Shooter
    35mm
    Has anyone else run into this problem? Do these scanners just quit? We called customer support at Epson only to be told that the scanner was just out of warranty and that they wanted to charge us for helping with the problem over the phone. I don't think so! REAL disappointed in THAT one!!!

So...I'm looking for any tips, ideas, suggestions as to what may have gone wrong!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy--[/QUOTE]

Hi Dorothy,
    I think it's a matter of memory (maybe you better upgrade this for work without problems in the future).
    Best you can doe is Uninstall the scanner, reboot and re-install the software.
    I hope this will help.
    Greez,
    erjie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is this PC or Mac?
    What operating system?
    Is scanner USB?
    Are there any lights on, red or green?
    Do you leave scanner on before switching computer on

No appologies necessary, the gallery would be scarce if there was nobody using scanners.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nothing wrong with using scanners. I strictly wet print my B&W negatives in my garage darkroom. Wouldn't even think of printing B&W any other way. But I save a lot of time by scanning my negatives to get a better idea of what I have than just looking at contact prints. Really helps in the selection process.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best you can doe is Uninstall the scanner, reboot and re-install the software

Did that...still no luck

is this PC or Mac?

PC

Is scanner USB?

USB

Are there any lights on, red or green?

Yes...green light is on the front panel.

Do you leave scanner on before switching computer on

Yes...the scanner stays on but we've turned it completely off, shut the computer down, restarted the computer, then turned the scanner back on.

Again...thanks for the suggestions. I'm still workin' on this sucker in hopes of resuscitating it!!

Dorothy--

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Theres nothing wrong with the scanner, it the light flashing was red you would be in trouble.

Can you look at the installation CD, your driver should be "epson11167.exe"

Can you say how many USB ports on your PC?

What version of windows?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you look at the installation CD, your driver should be "epson11167.exe"

Yes...it's the epson11167.exe that's been downloaded and installed.

Can you say how many USB ports on your PC?

I'm not sure on that...I think one port? Waiting for my husband to email back as he's the one that's been fooling with the plugs and all...that's off limits to me

What version of windows?

2000 Office, I think.

Dorothy--

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would remove the driver and installation software, reboot, connect into a different USB port and let the automatic installation run, pointing of course to the latest driver.

You could also try a different USB cable in case its damaged.
    Or install the scanner on a different PC to be sure its not the scanner itself [which I doubt it is]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin