Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,470   Online: 1062

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    RAP, good call - However, the AfterImage Gallery is in Dallas, up the road a bit from Houston. Send Ben an email, he's a great guy and been open since the 70's as a Photography Gallery. Check his web site for info, he has an article about lugging around the photo from Adams with the moon rising in New Mexico, and dropping the thing...was only a $125 photo back then...also, the Edward Carter has a good web site, never been to the gallery.
    Mike C

Rambles

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I thought the links page would be the most helpful with links to almost all AIPAD members all over the world, including SF and NYC. Maybe Davids friend should contact AIPAD and find out when and where their conventions are. That way he can see a whole group of dealers in one location and talk with them.

They have one in NYC at the Hilton every Feb. I have been to several and it is well worth the effort.

I met Ben and his lovely wife, at a AIPAD convention in NYC several years ago.
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies and information. You have all been a great help so far.

David
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    the Edward Carter has a good web site, never been to the gallery.

Sadly, because it was a really good gallery (I bought a Chistopher Burkett 'graph there) the Edward Carter gallery and his several other galleries have ceased to exist. Several years ago, he apparently overextended himself, went bankrupt, and 'fled' to Singapore. The gallery in NYC was great though...the place is missed I'm sure.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    Sadly, because it was a really good gallery (I bought a Chistopher Burkett 'graph there) the Edward Carter gallery and his several other galleries have ceased to exist. Several years ago, he apparently overextended himself, went bankrupt, and 'fled' to Singapore. The gallery in NYC was great though...the place is missed I'm sure.

Now that just stinks!
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    I'd always wondered what happened with the Edward Carter Gallery. Now I know. For a time the Alinder Gallery in Gualala appeared to be owned by Edward Carter. I've heard it's since changed it's name again and moved across the street. Now I have an inkling why.

Cheers,

James

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin