Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,589   Online: 1149

Images

New Android App for Photographers

Just spreading the word.... There are many portable sun/moon calculators now available, and I am personally an avid user of the iPhone app FocalWare for calculating sun and moon positions, so found it interesting when friend and photographer, Greg Harley announced his release of a similar app called Shadowfacts for the Android platform. The app is currently listed in its beta form, with the final release imminent.

Since i don't own an Android, I can only compare his app's features to those on my iPhone and note improvements like a built in compass, audible tone notifications for plotting position, etc. When he shared the app with me, the moon calculations had yet to be added, with those expected in the full version.

You can check it out, download the beta or wait a little bit for the final version here:

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...adowFacts-beta
    Last edited by kswatapug; 01-10-2011 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, but the link doesn't work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Images
    Hmmm...the "insert link" feature seems to have truncated the url.

Here's the full address:

http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...adowFacts-beta

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin