Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,705   Online: 720

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Yes Kodak Ltd once made a full range of films in the UK, colour & B&W but I think they only coat colour paper now for the photographic market.

Ian
    I wonder how old the (outdated) colour film would be, if it was made in the UK.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My fave bit of British photo gear is a Melico analyser/timer. It uses tubes and has a glowwing phospor vacuum tube to tell you whan the bridge is balanced. I will be a sad guy when the thing finally dies.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cooper View Post
    I realise it's not directly what you're after, but assuming the subject matter is fairly static you could always try taking three seperate exposures on Ilford B&W film using Red, Green and Blue filters?

I guess subsequently getting the registration right on each of the negatives to print them optically could be interesting - as would the source of colour paper made in Britain to print them on?
    I was thinking along the same lines. It is possible to make a color photograph using b&w materials. Any UK made separation filters? Printing process could be gum. I don't think you have the option for color paper anyway. Digital printing is an option too, or not depending on how pure you want to be. Registration can be looser than you think, I've seen it done with hand held images. Registration holds in some places goes off in others, can be very interesting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    ...Any UK made separation filters?...
    Formatt Filters?

or perhaps

LEE filters?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wratten filters. Wratten & Wainright were a British company bought out by Kodak, I think their filters may still be made in the UK.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the advice. it will be interesting to use the coloured filters. Other than that, it looks lke my other option would be to locate some very old ilfochrome as I have found some kodak supra endura that claims to be made in England,

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    There's still an Ilford E6 slide film, well at least here in Turkey, I saw some in Istanbul over the summer, but it said made in Italy on the box so will be Ferrania distributed by Ilford.
    That's interesting. Ferrania does not sell any more slide film in Italy. They don't have slide film in their English site either. On the other hand, I can't imagine another firm making colour film in Italy.

Does anybody have any more information about this Ilford/non-Ilford film?

It might be an Ilford "project" for which Ferrania only acts as a manufacturer.

If somebody (Umut to name a name ) could confirm such a film is around and tell the expiry date, that would be nice. I don't know if Ferrania is still navigating into troubled waters. Any news of vitality would be nice.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Diapositivo ,

There is a big photographic products selling industry at the center of Istanbul. There is a big Ilford distributor over there and sells Ilfochrome in very handsom packages. Until I buy a Leica or Leicina this summer , I will have no business in this market. But I must do whatever for you APUGers and I will call Pamuk Co. tomorrow morning and ask them the availability and expiry dates of that film. I think best method to industrial archaeology of this product , is sending a message to Ilford or Italian manufacturer.

Fabriozo , You can call this Italian manufacturer and learn the truth.

Umut

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It wasn't Pamuk Ticaret who had the Ilford E6 film, it was the Ilford importers who are almost next door anyway, I did post about it in the Autumn when I saw it there was quite a lot. you could get me a couple of rolls UMut

The film said Ilford Diapositive I think, Harman don't use the Ilfochrome Brand name. Ferrania haven't sold film under their own name for years now in most markets, I don't know about inside Italy itself though, but they have made own label C41 & I think E6 films for other distributors bfor years. I remember they had a big marketing campaign in the UK back in the early 1980's and being given free samples of C41 & E6 films as well as colour paper, that was when they were owned by 3M and they tried to break into the professional market which just didn't happen.

Ferrania was effectively bankrupt and only survives because the Italian government propped them up.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Just wrote to Ferrania asking information regarding their production (negative and positive), whether the film sold as Ilfochrome in Turkey and labeled as "made in Italy" is produced by them, whether film production seems "sustainable" at the moment, under which labels are Ferrania slides available.

Did not think about writing because this kind of agreement might be kept somehow confidential among firms. Ilford wouldn't like to be widespread that a film branded by them is not produced by them.

Many years ago rumours wanted that Ilfochrome material was produced by Sakurachrome, in Japan. I am quite surprised there still is some "Ilfochrome" available as Ilford web site does not seem to mention it.

Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin