Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,790   Online: 713

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just received the tripod. My first impression is it's a very nice tripod. It weighs less than 3lbs and it's pretty sturdy. The fit and finish are also excellent. I installed my ball head on it and mounted my Mamiya RZ, a prism and a 65mm f/4.5 lens. The tripod seems to hold that combination steadily. The tripod comes with a nice bag, a strap and a tiny pouch that hold the Allen wrenches for the tripod. All well thought out. There's so a button that allow the legs to spread for the low shots. The legs extend or lock with a slight twist of the locking knobs. But the real test is using it on location. I will report my field usage on this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's my report so far on my new tripod. Sorry for not posting earlier, but here in Northern California, we've had weeks of rotten weather. I was able to shoot with it today with my Canon F1n with a 200mm f/2.8. I have an Arca Swiss ball head mounted on the tripod. So far, I'm pleased. It was easy to carry around and just as easy to extend and collapse the tripod. It's really sturdy. However, I don't think I can use it with my Mamiya RZ with lenses and a prism. The tripod is sturdy enough, but not stable enough. I would think the next model up would be better. For cameras under 5lbs it's perfect. So it will work well with my Rolleiflex Automat 4. Weather permitting, I'd like to shoot with my heavy RZ with this tripod in the field and report back. I hope to be surprised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I finally got the chance to use my Giottos MG 8240B carbon fiber tripod with my heavy Mamiya RZ and a 50mm f/4.5 lens on a hike. I'm very surprised on how steady the tripod is even though it was a little more than 2 lbs. I carried it with a strap that it came with during my hike. One feature I like is a loop to hook a weight on the center post to add stability. I carried a water bottle with a carabiner which I used water bottle to stabilize the tripod. I didn't extend the tripod to the maximum height of 54" I think if I did extend the tripod of it's maximum height, I think my RZ won't be stable. But over all, I'm pretty pleased.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Giotto large ball and socket head and I'm very pleased with it, the company's products are very good, the only thing that bugs me is the companys name " Giotto" that is meant to sound Italian like Manfrotto, when they are in fact made in Taiwan
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    I have a Giotto large ball and socket head and I'm very pleased with it, the company's products are very good, the only thing that bugs me is the companys name " Giotto" that is meant to sound Italian like Manfrotto, when they are in fact made in Taiwan
    Oh I thought it was made by the mob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    Oh I thought it was made by the mob
    There in Taipei not New Jersey, they may "make you an offer you can't remember"
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin