Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,032   Online: 733

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Pelican case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't own one, as yet, but get a Pelican Case !

I have a shabby wooden box, whenever I travel with it,
    I keep it secured with braided cable, and Master locks.
    Twenty Dollars Worth Of Low Tech Security ! Just In Case ...
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 03-05-2011 at 09:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hehe Pelican case here too.

In particular the 1510 and 1650's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by haring View Post
    I like the pelican but I would need something I can take with me to destination weddings...
    Many Pelican cases have gaskets around the rim and seal shut when you latch them. Most models are water resistant if not waterproof. For extra $$ you can buy "Hurricane Proof" models that are supposed to be 100% waterproof so long as you keep them sealed.

They also make "Mil. Spec." versions that the US Military uses to transport and store equipment.

All Pelican cases I have seen are lockable, secureable with anti-theft cable and are very difficult to break into even though they are made of plastic. (It is very heavy plastic!)

You can buy Pelican cases that are airline approved. If you are so inclined (I am usually not) you can slap an ID label on them and check them as baggage or ship them as cargo via Fed-Ex/UPS without any extra packaging.

If the military uses Pelican cases to haul their "valuable" equipment half way around the world, there's no reason why they can't stand up to virtually any use or abuse you would put them through, photographing a destination wedding in the Bahamas!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin