Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,805   Online: 763

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you dont have a preference bear in mind J&C are APUG sponsors, Freestyle is not.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Arista "Professional" and "D-Max" films are most likely Ilford. Arista ".EDU" films are sourced from Forte, and at least the sheet films are most likely made by Forte.

Interesting for I understand that some Forte films are made by Ilford.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It seems that some Forte rollfilms are sourced from Ilford. The ClassicPan 400 120 and Classic 400 sheet film I've used is certainly not HP5+. Aside from the visual differences (Classic 400 is a long toe film, more like TXT than HP5+), they are not as scratch resistant as Ilford or Kodak films, and they are on a different base.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I think the fact that J&C is a sponsor of this site is something to consider. If you do order from them... Let them know that you are ordering BECAUSE of their sponsorship, the advocates on APUG etc...

On the other hand,

I just received an order from Freestyle last week. I like that they are huge supporters of photography. Looking at their catalogue makes me happy.

I picked up a Holga, a 4 lens point and shoot, PMK, and Bergger paper...

They have things from alternative processes to digital. Nice to see someone supporting photographers.

Whichever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a good experience.

joe

p.s. I got hit hard by one order from Freestyle... But it's FedEx that is the issue not Freestyle. I now ship to the US and bring it over the border myself. (family)

Images
    JandC supports APUG both financially (advertising) and as a community member. For film, they are getting my business.
    hi!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I guess JandC photo it is.
    I'll see if i can order it through a local photo store and help them out a little too instead of helping the customs.

thanks for the replies..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Add my voice (typing?) to the chorus of support for J&C. On Thursday night, I ordered 40 rolls of film (20 rolls of ORWO Pan 125, 20 rolls of 120 Classic Pan 400) and 2 - 2 litre packages of A49 Developer. It was waiting on my doorstep when I got home this afternoon. You can't beat their service, and their prices are great as well.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I order from both regularly, and both are good to deal with, but I always give J&C the prefrence. I've ordered a lot of film from them, and quite a bit of paper. I always get my order in a few days (3-4). I've written John (J&C) a number of times and have always recieved a timely, friendly response. I can't help but believe that they have our interests at in mind, would choose them for that reason alone, (even if it were the only reason). So, I say go with J&C. (Don't forget to mention APUG!)

Dean
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A question for John:

Is there any way you could stock TMax? I want to support JandC but TMY has proven itself to be so many miles away superior to any other film for my photography that I really don't have any interest in the films you sell, outstanding though they may be.

I'd be willing to pay a premium for it. A premium even over Kodak's pound of flesh. Go ahead, gouge me.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    A question for John:

Is there any way you could stock TMax? I want to support JandC but TMY has proven itself to be so many miles away superior to any other film for my photography that I really don't have any interest in the films you sell, outstanding though they may be.

I'd be willing to pay a premium for it. A premium even over Kodak's pound of flesh. Go ahead, gouge me.

Jim
    We've been talking with Kodak for a few weeks now trying to work something out. But there are so may layers of non decision makers that it seems like it will take forever to get it arranged.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin