Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,475   Posts: 1,542,616   Online: 1009

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    Given the nosedive I've sensed in customer service and packaging from B&H, I'm glad there are such capable alternatives available.
    Boy, I thought I was the only one getting poorly packaged items from B&H. I got a 50mm 1.8 lens from them today with no packing materials, just a big box with the small canon box floating around inside.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac
    Boy, I thought I was the only one getting poorly packaged items from B&H. I got a 50mm 1.8 lens from them today with no packing materials, just a big box with the small canon box floating around inside.

Brian
    I got a large order last Wednesday, of Ilford pan F 50 and a few other small things, that was in a huge box with all sorts of those air pillows. The stuff could have easily fit with smome packing into a box half the size. Strange how some things get packaged at B&H.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still waiting for some sign from B&H about the status of my last order... At least, they haven't charged my credit card.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, all this sounds familiar. I haven't had any notable problems with B&H, but have gotten broken merchandise and the wrong chemicals (what? you wanted 1250ml of Neutol WA, not 125ml of Rodinal? There's a difference?) from Adorama. All was fixed (they credited it back to me both times), but it strongly influenced my decision to use Freestyle for all my non-film needs (I'm still stocked up on film from JandC). Not to mention that freestyles shipping rates can blow both B&H and Adorama out of the water...

And to keep this in topic (to the original question), both JandC and Freestyle are fine stores. Buy from the one that has what you need, I guess.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongo
    Given the nosedive I've sensed in customer service and packaging from B&H, I'm glad there are such capable alternatives available.
    I have ordered a number of items from B&H in recent weeks and all have been shipped in a timely manner with notification by email. All items have been well packed and received in good condition and I was able to track their progress on the UPS web site. No "nosedive" in customer service and packaging that I could sense. Howard

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bmac

Brian
    UPDATE!

I got home from work, mounted the lens, and all I get is a whine when it trys to autofocus! Gotta love it!
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr5chrome
    ..you can eamil me when you get back. I can give the national sales film rep's email if youd like it, Ed Warner, KODAK

regards
    DW
    www.dr5.com
    Lol, I gave it to them weeks ago. He was so nice at the LF conf. I had his card and a personal number. I just didn't pass on the personal number.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    BTW, everyone you should try dr5. His negatives he had at the conference were spectacular. My only problem is patience. I usually want the film developed as soon as I get in the door from shooting.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin