Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,067   Online: 995

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

JandC photo or Freestyle?

So i am bout to purchase about 100 sheets of 8x10 film but can't quite make up my mind about where to buy it from.

i will be buying JandC 200 or arista.edu 200 (same film different names)

Freestyle ships to canada with USPS airmail now, which is alot better than Fedex with their outrageous customs fees.

I 've never shopped from JandC before but i hear good thing about them and i beleive the owners visit these forums everyonce in a while..

so i would like some advice on where to purchase the film this time..

i am not trying to start a competition or a fight, i just want my money to go to the place who needs it the most and will help LF film to survive a lot longer..

cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J&C will! Freestyle also has digital to support them.
    This is just my opinion
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    J and C. Very fast, personal service. Why not pick up a box of Efke PL100 as well and make it a really nice chunky order. Buona fortuna!
    Francesco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deniz
    i just want my money to go to the place who needs it the most and will help LF film to survive a lot longer..

Another vote for J&C here. They're great.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I concur with what others have said. I have purchased from both sources before and they are both fine businesses. I vote because JandC has made a decision to exclusively support film based photography.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have gotten a few things from Freestyle and was pleased with their service; however, when it comes to film, etc i will be using JandC , climbing on Donald"s band wagon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote here for JandC. They not only have a great inventory of products...but they are super with their customer service. Definitely get my business again! Straight film photographer here too!

Dorothy--

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J&C are good folks to deal with. Same transaction? Don't want a comission Deniz. Let me know if I can help. tim

Images
    I thought Arista.edu was FP 4 and Classic was the same as bergger/Forte
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Arista "Professional" and "D-Max" films are most likely Ilford. Arista ".EDU" films are sourced from Forte, and at least the sheet films are most likely made by Forte.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin