Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,680   Online: 802

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was going to buy a Think Tank Urban Disguise 40 until my wife pointed how much it looked like something one would carry a laptop in, the Exchange Messenger is made of good quality water resistant materials but is lightly padded and flexible so it moulds to the body and is very lightweight, the internal dividers do however give it some rigidity, since I bought mine I've had a chance to use it a couple of times and for street shooting which is what I bought it for and I'm very impressed, I wouldn't recommend it for long journeys and the ultimate protection for your equipment, but I have plenty of other bags for that, all I'm saying that for "street" I.M.O. it's very good.
    Ben

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still like my Domke F2. Without the padded bottom insert, it practically vanishes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    ... my local pro dealer sells the Tenba messenger bag you refer to but it's just too big and padded and cumbersome for what I want, I have two Billingham bags A 550 and a 335 both of which are very high quality bags but are too unwieldy and conspicuous for street shooting ...
    Yes, the Tenba Messenger is bulkier due to padding, and as the other Lee notes, is loud when opening the velcro closure. It does, however, come in three sizes. My 30 year old Tenba P211 and a slightly smaller version of that bag still serve the purpose of a lighter, less padded bag.

The noise of opening the Tenba velcro can be an asset. I discovered this in Paris along the Seine 28 years ago when an older teenager tried to slip a hand into the bag to see what he could find. He only got sore fingers when I pried his hand open to see if he got anything.

I have nothing against Lowepro products. I own a couple. Just wanted to give folks with slightly different needs another option.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Domke F2 and a Domke F5XC a Billingham 550, and a Billingham 335 and several other camera bags and rolling cases, all I was trying to say is the Exchange Messenger the most suitable I've had purely for street shooting.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-22-2011 at 11:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, guys. I bought one and the test run Sunday afternoon was OK - I will keep it.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Good choice! I used this this weekend for my minimal setup - just a Fuji Instax 210 camera and my other amenities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin