Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,917   Posts: 1,521,921   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

V700 focus issues

I'm assuming that this will fit in the misc category...
    well, from what I remember my V700 was functioning perfectly when I got it new, less than a year ago...

I boxed it up and it was moved around a bit, but gently, to my knowledge.

I just set it up, and now, when I do a scan,of a kodachrome, a clearly sharp slide has a lack of crispyness. I took it out of the film scanning holder and put the slide directly on the glass, and got a slightly sharper image (still not as sharp as I think it should be though). I then tried a 35mm strip holder, same issue.

It's possible that I never noticed this before, but how do I scan my slides without them losing the fine detail, and retain the convenience of the holder?

This is irritating, i can't get the slide any lower to the glass without taking it from the mount, and that seems what needs to be done for perfect focus... is this normal?! do I just have to lower my expectations?

out of curiousity, is unsharp mask a given with scanning? because i just tried a perfectly focused 4x5 directly on the glass and it still needs unsharp masking.
    Last edited by EASmithV; 03-12-2011 at 07:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey there, this isn't entirely uncommon. Best advice I could give would be to buy a http://www.betterscanning.com/ holder that has an adjustable height.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'll make the obligatory note here that this issue has been discussed over at dpug.org. Search over there and you'll find a lot of threads about the Epson scanners.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin