Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,831   Online: 1114

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Question about a Vivitar 43 Exposure Meter

Good day fellow APUGGERS!
    I have a fairly straightforward question. I just picked up a perfect condition Vivitar 43 exposure meter for a song. There are no instructions with it, but I don't really have a problem with the operation per se. My question is about the battery.

The meter has an A76 LR44 battery. Does anyone know if the LR44 is the proper battery, or should it take an SR44 instead? There is nothing inside the battery compartment or on the case which indicates.
    Secondly, there is a 'battery check' function on the meter. I figured out how to conduct a battery check, but what is unclear is exactly where the needle ought to point. Can anyone help me on this?

cheers!
    Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kent:
    Usually the batteries LR/SR are interchangable SR being longer lived & better @ low temps, also a tad more expensive & less prone to corrosion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Shaggy!
    Since they are the same voltage, I will probably go with the SR just because the discharge rate is better.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin