Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,033   Online: 750

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Sekonic L-318B problems

Hi.

I've a L-318B Sekonic that will no longer give a metering. It turns on Ok, I can switch all the modes and shutter speeds, but depressing the metering button and zilch happens, the meter gives a resounding 0 shutter speed. I seem to remember the screen blanks and refreshes itself for a reading, but not now. Also, when turning on and holding down any other button the b.c (battery condition status) will hold. But in my present predicament not with the metering button (can someone check if a working example will hold b.c. when depressing the metering button when powering on?)

Ideas?

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a wildassguess I'd start with the switch itself. If you're comfortable opening the unit, you can test it by simply shorting the switch contacts at the PC board.
    If it works from there it is definitely the swtich.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

My thoughts too, I opened her up yesterday and tested the micro switch, hoping that it was to fault (easy to replace). But no luck, its a fault somewhere on the PC board. Looks like I'll be in the market for a new meter.

DIY 4x5 | DIY 6x17 | DIY 6x24 anarmorphic pinhole | Pentax' SV & SP 1000 | Rolleiflex | Kalloflex | Weltix | Royal 35-M | Leica M4-2 | Polaroid 250 | Polaroid 110A / 600SE conversion | DIY Polaroid View | DUO Polaroid TLR | Vito CL | Pentacon SIX | Kiev 6C | Canon EF | Mamiya 1000s

My Blogspot
    My Flickr
    My APUG Gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's not fun.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin