Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,918   Posts: 1,521,944   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

Schiansky Kino-Neiger 430 tripod

Does anyone know anything about this thing? I've heard it was built by Linhof in the 1960s but that's all I know. I've been looking for a heavy tripod for a 4x5 monorail camera for a while now and am in a position to get this without spending too much or travelling too far.

Just interested if anyone knows if it's suitable for 4x5. I have to travel to get it so not able to check it beforehand.

I think it looks like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	33497

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beats me! Do you have any idea of the height with legs and column at both extremes? Also the physical size of the legs, width & depth? That would help somewhat in determining size and capacity. Also the size of the camera platform may help.
    FWIW for a 4X5, you're not going to want to extend that column too much, if at all it will amplify any instability inherent in the tripod. I've actually cut a center column down to resist the temptation :>)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin