Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,810   Online: 690

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You've got to consider personal or sentimental value but you can't put a price on sentiment.

If you have an old camera that was used by your father before he passed away you will, of course, value it more. But that's not going to translate into a higher selling price unless you can give a good reason. Maybe your father was a professional photographer and this is equipment that he used. But, often, sentimental value just means that you don't want to sell it, for personal reasons, unless the right buyer comes along.

I have a whole bunch of stuff that I hope to sell, eventually, but only to people who will appreciate it as a collectible or who will use it. That's because it was my father-in-law's gear and that's the way he would have wanted it. Does my sentimental value translate into a higher price? Not really. But it does help dictate the conditions under which I will sell.

So, does your friend have the right to value something more for sentimental reasons? Yes! Absolutely!

But, unless you have hard evidence to show why something should sell for a higher price, sentiment doesn't always equal money.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, here's some stuff that I cannot find on Ebay or the online second-hand shops...

Maybe someone can help me put a price on them...

A 360mm Imagon in its original box...

A thingy used to make double exposure effects in 4x5 LF cameras... with its documentation and its original box

A shutterless Tele-Xenar 360mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin