Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,398   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Does anyone have a 616 spool they could measure for me.

I want to make up some spacers to fit a 120 film into a 616 camera. I have a 616 spool but I left it at home and I am at work at the moment.

If you have a 616 spool, I would appreciate it if you could measure the overall length and less importantly, the diameter.

I am guessing that the length will be about 68mm/2.69" and the diameter will be about 23.5mm/0.93" but would like some confirmation.

Thanks,

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Bad guess- 116/616 is 2 3/4 in wide - 70mm almost
    Plus a little clearance
    With a rule I get 2.82 in between flanges- the flanges on 116 and 616 are flat- not rolled edges as 120 used to be, and about 2.85 overall- This is read on a 1"=50 plastic scale by OLLLLLd eyes

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Oops forgot the diameter
    Flange diam is 0.485 inch
    Can't measure the core, still got color film on the spool

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. That's all the information I need. I thought I had a 616 spool here but it is actually a 116 spool which is a lot bigger in diameter.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For reference, a 616 spool is 2.85 inches long and .95 inches in diameter. The flange is flat and .018 thick. The core is .28 inches in diameter. The drive slot is about .25x.07. A 116 spool is 2.87 inches long and 1.25 inches in diameter. The flange is flat and .021 thick. The core is .47 inches in diameter. The drive slot is about .42x.098. Both are Kodak all metal spools.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My next question is: Does anyone have a spare 616 spool I could beg, steal or buy as my 616 turned out to be a 116?

I could even do a swap.

Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Hi Steve: I can spare a 616 spool and don't mind another 116 spool.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin