Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,410   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax Auto 110 and 110 film

Hi all,
    I've recently got my hands on a Pentax Auto 110 and an 18mm f/2.8 and the standard lens as well. Seems to all be functional, even a cartridge of Kodacolor VR still inside!

As for the long discontinued film - is it even remotely feasible to cut B&W 35mm film down to 110 size, load it in the Kodacolor cartridge, and then modify a Paterson reel to fit the modified film size for home processing?

The instructions for respooling 110 seem to always point to this: http://www.subclub.org/darkroom/roll110.htm

although in these days of picture tutorials, I'm a bit scared off that!

Anyone out there respooling 110?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is possible to get 110 film. At least Fotoimpex.de sells one kind.
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/shop/filme/p...bereitung.html

(I don't think the price on the web page is correct though)

Shooter
    35mm
    Even so, I'd prefer to process it myself as a low sales film format is going to be expensive both to buy and to process.

Shooter
    Medium Format

110 respooling

As a Pentax 110 owner i have thought about splitting a 35mm roll and re-spooling an empty 110 cartridge so that I could use B&W film instead of the available out of date colour film. The only problem that I couldn't resolve was that 110 film has a 'sprocket hole' at the beginning of every frame which a pin in the camera pops into so that the camera knows when it has reached the next frame. If it can't find this hole then it won't let you fire the shutter and you end up winding straight through the whole roll! (I know this from experience as the pin in my camera got stuck in the depressed position and I wasted a couple of rolls before I could work out what was wrong.)

If anybody could work out a way of overcoming this I might have another go at re-spooling.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I heard also about the option of 16 mm film with sprocketholes that might be ab idea. But I don't if any fresh stock is available for that.
    Reality is whatever stays when you stop believing in it.
    allthingsanalogue.weebly.com
    darkroomninja.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use 16mm single perf film. You can use it either way up, but with drawbacks either way. It has around 3.5 times as many sprocket holes as 110 film so if it is sprocket side up (I think) then you have to shoot a few blank frames with the lens cap on as you advance. If you have it the other way up the shutter will be cocked after two strokes, but will uncock again if you wind on again, so it is possible to just advance all the way through the film without realising that you can shoot. This is easy to simulate in a camera with no cartridge installed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    hi

i bought a slitter a few months ago and respool
    its a piece of cake ...

http://www.apug.org/forums/members/m...artridges.html

murray kelly here on apug did a visual tutorial
    have fun !
    john

Shooter
    35mm
    All looks very interesting! A bit daunting as well, I must say, but it's probably one of those things that once you've successfully respooled a few times, it's almost second nature. Shame there's no video tutorials, but at least the pictures are a good start.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm planning to try both 16mm MP film and slicing down 120 film for my Minolta 110 SLR. I know the Minolta doesn't require the specific 110 perf to cock the shutter. If the Pentax is the same, it seems like you could tape over, or otherwise disengage the pin designed to stop the film at each perforation. Then, if using regular 110 backing paper, it would be a matter of manually advancing the winder to each number as it appears in the window. Another thought I've had would be to order a custom cutting die to cut a perfectly perforated 12-exposure 120 roll out of 35mm or 120 film. It seems like this would be possible to do on an old fashioned letterpress printing press a few at a time, mounting the film to a guide (you can feel in complete darkness) and slowly advancing the flywheel by hand to advance the die to the cutting position. Very interested in any suggestions or thoughts anyone has on this issue.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    There's been quite a bit posted on APUG on this subject (including some of my own postings). Contrary to what Jostie says, in my experience you don't need to worry about the perfs for the Pentax 110, but the amount the film advances will be greater as the amount of film on the take-up spool increases, leading to bigger inter-frame gaps (which don't matter).

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin