Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,405   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It is a sad state of affairs. I like so many others have done business with LI for many many years ; and when i place my order last August , I would have never imaged what was going to occur.

For me, business began to slide when they moved from the East Coast to the West Coast, but not at this level.

I don't quite understand the position that haveing issues with vendors not providing materials = not refunding monies charged to customer accounts.

Well, i have done my foot work
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I remember when they were in Rochester and were one hell of a company and a treat to visit.. too bad what has happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    It is a sad state of affairs. I like so many others have done business with LI for many many years ; and when i place my order last August , I would have never imaged what was going to occur.

For me, business began to slide when they moved from the East Coast to the West Coast, but not at this level.

I don't quite understand the position that haveing issues with vendors not providing materials = not refunding monies charged to customer accounts.

Well, i have done my foot work

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    New update on my order (from a year and a half ago)! Got an E-mail a couple of days ago from Light Impressions - one of those automatic notifications. I was all excited when I saw that they were messaging me again (yeah right!). However, I'm sad to report that my order is now back ordered and won't be here for another 4 - 6 weeks. They said sorry for the delay and gave me a 10% off coupon on my next order for my inconvenience.

They have to be kidding, right?
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob,

I was about to ask whether Light Impressions had provided good service in the past, so thanks for making this clear.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    I was about to ask whether Light Impressions had provided good service in the past...
    Many years ago they were an excellent company to deal with.

That was then... this is now.

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post

Right. There is no excuse for that.

I don't think they are telling the truth regarding difficulties with getting products from vendors. Once in a while, okay, but constant backorders? It's not like the materials are exotic, produced from substances found in just one place in the world, mined by pixies only under the full moon.
    I think it's a lie that all that stuff is backordered, or they have had to find a new vendor, or whatever else they claim. It might occasionally be true, but I think it's mostly a ruse.
    If it is true as often as they claim it to be, it shows them to be not so much victims of circumstances as inept in their business.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I see "difficulties with vendors" I usually interpret it to mean "difficulties with money owed to vendors".

They are probably on a COD basis with their suppliers. Some or all of those suppliers may also be unwilling to sell them anything new until they have paid for past outstanding orders.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it's more likely they're not ordering anything from the suppliers in the first place.

They just take your money and put it in their pocket.

Mind you, this is just a personal opinion (disclaimer for the benefit of their lawyers).

- Leigh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I thought it was actually illegal to charge for an item that either was not in stock or not expected for more than thirty days.
    Wrong again? Or should someone refer this to the CA states attorney?
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since LI was purchased by New Century Direct which touts its Santa Fe warehousing and Tijuana, Mexico manufacturing facilities (where LI's stuff is made? where is the break in the supply chain?) as great assets, and NCD was merged with Corvest - a promotional products firm - and they all were then bought by Siglo Investments - and all of these seem to be run by the same group of people - sounds like we are seeing the collapse of a pyramid scheme. It appears that LI (and Century Photo as well) unfortunately fell into the hole dug by all these round about dealers. I haven't dealt with them in over 20 years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin