Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,552   Online: 947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That gives some ideas!

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This guy is pretty amazing-
    http://www.photobus.co.uk/?id=538

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wet plate photographer Joe Smigiel converted an older Class C motorhome into a wet plate darkroom several years ago. Some of us took to calling it the Magic Bus but I haven't seen Joe for a couple of years. At one point I thought I saw a website with photos of the conversion, but I can't find it now and it may have just been a figment of my imagination...

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sally Mann was using a late 1990's vintage Jeep Grand Cherokee for her wet plate coating/developing. In addition to my teaching and fine art work, I am doing a lot more commercial work. I have been considering getting a Ford Transit since it can accommodate racks and shelving in the back.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Wet plate photographer Joe Smigiel converted an older Class C motorhome into a wet plate darkroom several years ago. Some of us took to calling it the Magic Bus but I haven't seen Joe for a couple of years. At one point I thought I saw a website with photos of the conversion, but I can't find it now and it may have just been a figment of my imagination...

Mike
    I thought the Transit would be a great vehicle for travel with cameras as well. It's economical and lots of room, but I need 4WD.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think the major modification Ansel always made was to build a platform on top of the vehicle where he could set up his tripod. As for darkroom, a changing bag and a developing tank will take care of negatives, and then when you get home print 'em.
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    35mm
    Ouch my eyes! That's just hideous

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin