Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,322   Online: 1172

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    [QUOTE=aaronmichael;1175120] . . . why not get something to do with photography!? Either the focal length of a lens, a list of shutter speeds, apertures, the Av or M symbol,...etc. . . .QUOTE]

Such things may be incomprehensible to future generations of photographers as major companies fail, film becomes a novelty rather than a staple, and other technology evolves. Some of today's photographers have never captured an image on film or held a Polaroid.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I realize that this would be permanent but I don't think my love for photography is something temporary. Therefore, if it was done well and it was put in a spot where it wouldn't cause any problems then I don't think I would mind living with it. I honestly don't think tattoos are going to go out of style in a couple years. Also, I don't think that whatever I have done will be incomprehensible to future generations. I'd want to get something that pertains both to analog and digital...like f stops, shutter speeds, ISO numbers, the M symbol,...etc. I think I would only want something in text, no actual photos (which seems kind of backwards for the subject, but then again a lot of things in photography are backwards).

Thank you Matthew and jnanian for the funny responses - made me laugh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've always joked about getting "expose for shadows, develop for highlights" on the back of my hand so I stop forgetting =P

Just as a sidenote, I got a tattoo about 7 years ago and don't regret it at all. I frankly could care less if other people don't approve or don't like it, it's something for myself. Indeed, I was looking at getting a new one soon.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, this is a completely unhelpful resonse... but I've always thought asking what kind of tattoo to get is kind of like asking what to name your kids.... if you don't know, you're not ready.

That being said, what do you love most about photography? A nicely drawn "f/" would be hard to beat. No number, just the f-stop symbol, in beautiful script, that could work for me.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I got a tattoo it would be the word "ELBOW" on my wrist with a small arrow. ;<)
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Images
    If you are going to do it make it something high end and classy
    Sinar
    Hasselblad
    Leica
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what about photography is most meaningful to you? is there a a system/piece of gear/process that you hold dear and feel that you will continue view in the same light well into the future?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Sorry, this is a completely unhelpful resonse... but I've always thought asking what kind of tattoo to get is kind of like asking what to name your kids.... if you don't know, you're not ready.

That being said, what do you love most about photography? A nicely drawn "f/" would be hard to beat. No number, just the f-stop symbol, in beautiful script, that could work for me.
    Haha - trust me, I'm just brainstorming for the future. Don't think I'm ready to get one yet. I love your idea about the f/ symbol though. I think that would look awesome in some nice writing like you said.

I love the visual aspect of photography (duh) but the technical side of it is really awesome as well and interests me greatly. If I was going to get really personal, then maybe I'd get "XE-7" somewhere. I first got into photography when I picked up my dad's Minolta XE-7 SLR and started shooting with that. That was around middle school, I took a class in 8th grade, and I've loved it ever since.

Thanks everyone else for the responses. I'd get Sinar, Hasselblad, or Leica if I owned or could afford any of that gear - hahah. Unfortunately I'm just a poor college student. "Expose for shadows, develop for highlights" would be awesome. I feel like I want something that pertains to all photography though, even digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about an image of a lens aperture?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Save your money, buy a roll of film. Seriously.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin