Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,467   Posts: 1,644,073   Online: 841

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    And then there are the tattoos of hummingbirds of the breasts of young women in the 1960's that now look like vultures and condors!
    And they're flying a lot lower!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a tattoo on my butt that says kiss here!

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've thought about getting my business logo done as a tattoo - a winged Speed Graphic-type press camera (The Flying Camera). Not sure where I'd put it- on my shoulder, or across the top of my back. The big problem with my back is that it would require more than one setting to do the design, and that would mean getting waxed multiple times too... I'm not sure which would hurt more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    and that would mean getting waxed multiple times too... I'm not sure which would hurt more.
    Wow- I've never heard of waxing an area before you tattoo it....thats a little much. I've always shaved with a regualr razor or even if its a large area get as close as you can with a beard trimmer and you will be fine...

Wax....OUCH

Oh- I have plenty of tattoos....I have had people get pissed off at me about them and people stop and want to admire. I LOVE 'em and wont stop getting them. I have to live with it you dont, so there... :-p

(f/aperture illustration) thats my idea....a nice script 'f/' and then the aperture tattoo that was previously posted. Looks like a winner to me.

A good friend of mine has her RZ tattooed on the inside of her arm- I still need to think up a photography themed one myself....hmmm...*scratches chin...*
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another thought... How about a ray diagram?
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would go for super-simple and cryptic.

The focal plane symbol (circle with a horizontal bar through it) is cool.
    You could also use the triangle with cut corners to represent silver halide.
    The Leica winged arrow that's on the knob film advance of Barnack cameras.
    A doublet (cemented positive+negative lens) is a great symbol, part of the history, and declined by many lens manufacturers (Leitz, Schneider, Zeiss)
    The russian optical factories have really nice logos as well (here's a list: http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/logos/)

Or you could just use a photo of this guy.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I saw a woman with what looked to be a Yashica TL tattooed on her right forearm this morning on the subway.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel Hardy-Vallée View Post
    I would go for super-simple and cryptic.

The focal plane symbol (circle with a horizontal bar through it) is cool.
    You could also use the triangle with cut corners to represent silver halide.
    The Leica winged arrow that's on the knob film advance of Barnack cameras.
    A doublet (cemented positive+negative lens) is a great symbol, part of the history, and declined by many lens manufacturers (Leitz, Schneider, Zeiss)
    The russian optical factories have really nice logos as well (here's a list: http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/logos/)

Or you could just use a photo of this guy.
    I like the focal plane symbol idea. I would definitely have to explain that one to people.

David - That's awesome. Unfortunately mine is going to have to be somewhere that's not going to be a problem for job interviews or anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronmichael View Post
    I like the focal plane symbol idea. I would definitely have to explain that one to people.

David - That's awesome. Unfortunately mine is going to have to be somewhere that's not going to be a problem for job interviews or anything.
    so huge and on your neck isn't an option ?
    i'd get sleeved with notch codes

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    so huge and on your neck isn't an option ?
    i'd get sleeved with notch codes
    Put the border from an 8x10 negative around your neck with the notch code showing above the collar

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin