Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,680   Online: 1202

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Ok thanks for posting the picture. Looks like it is to go on a normal lens for a 35mm camera as a wide angle conversion. The fixed lens 35mm rangefinders (Konica, Yashica etc) usually had these as add-ons. The one you have may work on other formats also*.
    If you don't have a camera with a 49mm thread, can't you just hold it up to the front of the lens and see what it does?

(*That one I'm using on the Bolex also has a 49mm thread.)
    I've actually had it on a lens and on a D camera to see what was up with it. I'm thinking, and have yet to prove, that it's giving me a 42mm fov, but I don't know if I'm figuring that out correctly. I'll have to compare it to my 35mm Nikon lens today I guess and see. I was just really wondering how you figure the fov out mathematically.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i'm not too familiar with D cameras, from what I gather from camerapedia they usually have a 68mm equivalent lens, so 68/1.8 is ~37.777. If so for 120mm format you'd get almost twice the field of view as you'd normally would get, for example my Kiev uses a 30mm Zodiak 8 wide-angle lens attachment. They [Dianas] do accept 49 fem adapters don't they?
    "The real work was thinking, just thinking." - Charles Chaplin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider View Post
    I was just really wondering how you figure the fov out mathematically.
    1) Point at wall
    2) Mark FOV
    3) Measure distance to wall
    4) Measure FOV
    3) Consult Pythagoras

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin