Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,490   Online: 944

Shooter
    35mm

Replacing slide projector bulbs

Hello!

So I have this Kodaslide Merit slide projector--but the bulb is dead. I know from reading the engraving on the bottom that it can take 100-250V, 150W bulbs (tungsten, I believe). When I went off to buy a bulb I found out that there are many kinds of bulbs and codes, there being no code on the light bulb itself, I have no idea how to continue.

Any help, please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 006.jpg   Picture 007.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Is there any information about the bulb inside the bulb compartment or on the model number plate on the projector?

EDIT: If this is the same as your projector, maybe this eBay seller can answer your question:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...d=235920103428
    Last edited by MattKing; 05-28-2011 at 10:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This might be it. http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/cew~ansi.html

No relation to the vendor..... Just a google search.....

Shooter
    35mm
    There doesn't seem to be any info on the compartment or the entire projector itself except info telling me that it's a Kodaslide Merit (mentions a MOD. I but I don't know if that means the bulb) and that it takes "100-250 VOLTS AC OR DC 150 WATTS." No user manual to help me either, unfortunately.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    This might be it.

No relation to the vendor..... Just a google search.....
    Oh wow, that was fast...thanks! It looks very similar indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem. Price is kinda scary you might be able to pick up a more modern projector for that much.

Shooter
    35mm
    Adorama sells them for a bit under $10 with free shipping

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Searching the site that George linked to, it seems there is a specific reference to a CDS bulb being suitable for your projector:

http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b...100w~ansi.html

At $53.00 for one bulb, you may wish to consider looking for a used Kodak Carousel or other more modern projector which uses more common bulbs.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like both bulbs have the same base, one is 100w and the other is 150w. Both list the Merit. Given the age of the machine and wiring you might want to try the 100w version (Matt's link).

Best of luck

Shooter
    35mm
    Mm, got it, thanks!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin