Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,792   Online: 678

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also use this one. It simulates an analog meter with fancy sound effects that can by annoying. The Fotometer Pro app is pretty good. Don't know if it's the best.
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fotom...439913393?mt=8

Pocket Light Meter will save your reading as a photo with f/stop and shutter speeds with GPS coordinates too. The price is right with this one. It's FREE.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    I doubt anyone would buy an iPhone to simply use as a light meter.
    Not to mention the NSA's requests for contact sheets...

s-keepin' my nose clean-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    As do I. However, a light meter with an ongoing monthly cost of US $70 (even if it's a shared cost) doesn't appear to me to be one of the best bargains out there, and that outlay is required before one can use the app. Obviously individual folks will decide for themselves about that, and the apps are selling.

Lee

Your point of view is about as distorted as a Petzval.

To say that someone is using an iPhone, and/or would buy an iPhone solely as a light meter is asinine.

However, down here on earth, folks such as myself who got rid of their home phone, and use an iPhone as a cell phone, home phone, work phone, merchant services card processor, portfolio, email client, mileage tracker, gps navigator, weather forecaster, traffic checker, music player, address book, and social network connector..... why not enjoy the use of a handy light meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So true. And the best light meter is the one you have with you and I always carry my phone. It's not as precise as my Minolta spot meter, but it will do in a pinch. It's within a stop during most average readings.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Your point of view is about as distorted as a Petzval.

To say that someone is using an iPhone, and/or would buy an iPhone solely as a light meter is asinine.

However, down here on earth, folks such as myself who got rid of their home phone, and use an iPhone as a cell phone, home phone, work phone, merchant services card processor, portfolio, email client, mileage tracker, gps navigator, weather forecaster, traffic checker, music player, address book, and social network connector..... why not enjoy the use of a handy light meter.
    100% correct! I can run my business on my iPhone, and I do a few times per week. The phone has paid for itself a million times over. The fact that it can actually double as a pretty good light meter, is a nice little bonus for a photographer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Another big plus has to be that the iPhone doesn't look like a gun in a holster.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    So true. And the best light meter is the one you have with you and I always carry my phone. It's not as precise as my Minolta spot meter, but it will do in a pinch. It's within a stop during most average readings.

Out of curiosity... how does it fair when metering subjects that are more than 25 feet away?

I was looking at a Sekonic with spot meter capabilities but they are more than my Hassy set up.

If this little app can save me $800 for another 6 months or so, its well worth its 99 cent price tag (in app purchase to get rid of ads) for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats pretty damn cool! This is what it looks like in your drop box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mar-21,-2012-16-41.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	48225

LJH

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    So is this still the best light meter app for iPhone?
    I used it on the weekend whilst my girlfriend was shooting her 'Blad. It was late afternoon, so strong sidelighting, and she was shooting our 2 Golden Retrievers. Bit of a tough subject, but it did a really good job. As a spot meter, it is a great backup to my regular meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pocket Light Meter app allows you to geotag you analog photos and record the exposure for all those photographers that like good record keeping.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin