Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,389   Online: 1075

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
    Any app like this on an android phone?
    +1 [holds breath]
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hope Android users will have this app too. It's accurate and cheap. I used it shooting Friday. I was using my spot meter and the iPhone app and it's within a 1/2 stop of my Minolta meter's readings. Keep in mind that the app takes an average reading.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been using Fotometer Pro for a while now. I have shot a few rolls of transparency film (35mm Velvia 50) and I think maybe 3-4 slides have been off, usually bracketed exposures. I turned the noises off a while ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Hope Android users will have this app too. It's accurate and cheap. I used it shooting Friday. I was using my spot meter and the iPhone app and it's within a 1/2 stop of my Minolta meter's readings. Keep in mind that the app takes an average reading.
    Agreed. Worldwide, there are more smartphones with android than iphones. Would be very welcome to have it on android.
    Perhaps as every iPhone is very similar, it's easier to write the program and be accurate on every device; I might guess why iit hasn't been ported to android.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've seen light meter apps on android platforms, but can't speak to their accuracy
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just downloaded it .... it looks pretty good...pretty easy to use

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here are a couple that I metered with the Pocket Light Meter app on my iPhone.

4x5 Korona, Fujinon 90mm f/8, Delta 100 in Pyrocat HD.

Old Fall River Road creek, Rocky Mountain National Park

Bronica GS-1 6x7cm, 110mm f/4 Macro, Delta 100 in XTOL.

Avalanche Creek 1, Glacier National Park

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

iPhone light meter even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Prest_400 View Post
    Agreed. Worldwide, there are more smartphones with android than iphones. Would be very welcome to have it on android.
    Perhaps as every iPhone is very similar, it's easier to write the program and be accurate on every device; I might guess why iit hasn't been ported to android.
    Yes but less android phones that can handle certain apps, only the top android phones can actually compare to iPhone and it may not be valuable to make an app like this for android, it wouldn't be as accurate because the camera phone used is different from model to model, where the iPhone camera is the same except with different models so there are 4 iPhone camera profiles but hundreds of android camera profiles to take into account.

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are several light meter apps for Android, but I can't speak for their accuracy (you need to google around and read some reviews).

The problem with the Android platform, is that there is a much larger variety in hardware than with Apple, so from what I've seen, the Android-based meter-apps seem to only support a small list of phones.

I used my iphone while in Tokyo, shooting with my Hasselblad, was noon and sunny and very hard and contrasty light.

End result was a lot of photos with contrasty light, but not one frame wasted due to fubar exposure.
    Normally I use it to get an average exposure for a scene, or to check the stop-difference between the sky and ie. water (the meter shows EI-numbers as well, so calculating the difference in stops is a breeze).

I'm still struggling to understand my Minolta Spotmeter F, as I'm having issues trying to calculate the frigging aperture 2.5 stops faster than f13 for example. (how do you do that quickly anyway?)
    -
    "Nice picture, you must have an amazing camera."
    Visit my photography blog at: http://helino-photo.blogspot.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Please ignore if it's considered hijacking the thread: do they make an app (for Android) that will show the effect of different filters in B&W photography? I'm just getting back into b&w and have always had a hard time visualizing the results from filters.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin