Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,882   Posts: 1,520,515   Online: 830

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Be careful using the iThing as a meter, its chews through the battery life and you will need to charge it every night.
    I charge it every night anyway.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    The meter works as good as any other meter as long as you understand it, just like any other meter. Be careful using the iThing as a meter, its chews through the battery life and you will need to charge it every night.
    The battery in my LunaSix was installed in 1998. My Weston doesn't have a battery/cell, just a photovoltaic cell which was factory installed. In the mid 1950s.

But by all means, go out and get an i-thingy. Don't go far from an outlet, though.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 08-02-2013 at 09:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E. von Hoegh View Post
    The battery in my LunaSix was installed in 1998. My Weston doesn't have a battery/cell, just a photovoltaic cell which was factory installed. In the mid 1950s.

But by all means, go out and get an i-thingy. Don't go far from an outlet, though.
    As previously mentioned, buying an iPhone for the purpose of installing a light meter is asinine. But if you're going to have a smartphone that is capable of also being a pretty good light meter, why not add the capability? Or are you just so bitter that you have to piss on everything that isn't to your taste?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    As previously mentioned, buying an iPhone for the purpose of installing a light meter is asinine. But if you're going to have a smartphone that is capable of also being a pretty good light meter, why not add the capability? Or are you just so bitter that you have to @#!*% on everything that isn't to your taste?
    Hardly. Were that the case I'd have no time for anything else, since quite a lot of things are "not to my taste". Mostly I ignore them. I think that smartphones/cellphones are a bane. When I'm out for the specific purpose of photography, the last thing I would bring with me is a telephone. Carrying a phone with you all the time, everywhere you go (in the absense of some sort of pending family or personal emergency) could be classified as a mild form of mental illness.
    Last edited by E. von Hoegh; 08-02-2013 at 11:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin