Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,705   Online: 721

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

iPhone light meter even better!

Now this is cool. The Light Meter app is even better. Now you can log via Drop Box. It will take a photo, log the exposure and geotag. Once you've logged on to your Dropbox account. The photos and data is uploaded into a folder. Way cool! Remember those days of those paper logs? Well no more! I've tested the app against my minolta meter iv and it's pretty accurate. Here's the link:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocke...381698089?mt=8

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they built a waterproof incident meter into an I-Phone, I may actually get one!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have this app, and use it quite a lot. Still have my Pentax analog spot meter for those times I need that, but most times this works great for me.

Still one of the best bargains out there.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    Still one of the best bargains out there.
    iPhone + 2 years voice and data is very close to US$1900 from what I can find. Then whatever the app costs. That's about US$70/month in continuing usage costs for the life of the device/contract. I guess it depends on what you decide to count and not count.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    iPhone + 2 years voice and data is very close to US$1900 from what I can find. Then whatever the app costs. That's about US$70/month in continuing usage costs for the life of the device/contract. I guess it depends on what you decide to count and not count.

Lee
    I doubt anyone would buy an iPhone to simply use as a light meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both lightmeters on my iPhone but I hadnt checked the log out 'till just now. It takes the bite out of pen and pad.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    I doubt anyone would buy an iPhone to simply use as a light meter.
    As do I. However, a light meter with an ongoing monthly cost of US $70 (even if it's a shared cost) doesn't appear to me to be one of the best bargains out there, and that outlay is required before one can use the app. Obviously individual folks will decide for themselves about that, and the apps are selling.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 06-06-2011 at 03:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Funny thing hapenned recently at a photo shoot meet-up with fellow APUG-gers in Hamilton, Ontario when some one pulled out his IPhone or Blackberry to measure light with a dedicated app. I asked him to compare his reading with my 58 years old Zeiss Ikophot. There was no difference. That is not to say one is better than the other.
    I'm happy that my job never forced me into owning an IP, BB, androids or whatever they call them today. Such a device comes with the expectation that you are available to your employer/ customer 24/ 7 so even if you don't pay for it it still takes away some of your freedom.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Me too

Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    I'm happy that my job never forced me into owning an IP, BB, androids or whatever they call them today. Such a device comes with the expectation that you are available to your employer/ customer 24/ 7 so even if you don't pay for it it still takes away some of your freedom.
    I do tech support and I'm glad my emplover doesn't make me carry one. It's an electronic ball and chain. I love my job, but I don't want to mix the two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mine is for personal use. Internet, maps, travel etc..
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin