Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,446   Online: 919

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera fondling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Camera fondling

Well, I've found myself doing something I thought I wouldn't do... I have a few decent film cameras that I got for a decent price, including a really nice brace of Kowa-SIXes, and I've spent a buttload of time fondling them, doing internet research about them, and generally basking in the glow of them. I've exposed a couple rolls of film, but mostly to test cameras as they arrived.
    I'm sitting here in my bedroom, gazing at a SIX perched upon a light-duty tripod, and it's cyclopsian eye is returning the look patiently.
    The A2E, once used for newspaper photography, can almost be heard sighing in the corner... and the K1000 is right here next to my bed, waiting.

Unfortunately, my lovely little Canonet has to wait for repairs, but that spunky little number is an imaginary Jack Russell, bounding and begging to be taken out.

Oy, I've gotten lazy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You need to get out more

Preferably with a camera loaded with film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Funny, I do the same thing every once a while!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may or may not be known to affectionately focus a camera, play with the aperture, dry fire, and even name a camera or two...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First, get the Kowa off the light -duty tripod and onto a good sturdy one, make sure it's loaded with film, and get it out where you can fire the shutter and advance the film. Nothing sadder than a camera perche to readiness and not being used. Nothing wrong with getting familiar with your new partner, did it with yer sweetie, didn't you?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah yes, the glow of old cameras peering from the shadows, begging to be used like whores. I have a Kowa with that silver 55mm lens... the one with the really big chunk of glass front element. She's a beauty and loves to get outdoors with me. Behaves, on and off leash, to my every command like the finely tuned machine she is but reminds me she wants to used with a delicate hand. Pictures are razor sharp.

But then my RBs get jealous. When I take em out they balk, moaning n groaning, slowing down on me when I need em most. I knew I should have paid more attension to them, they love to work hard and never complain but since I have been ignoring em for another love, they are punishing me.

Then there is the lady in the bunch, my Bronica ETRS waiting patiently, knowing she is my first n only real love. She is a real lady but demands respect in a lady like way. I enjoy caressing her powder coat, so smooth n refined, beautiful rounded edges, nothing sharp, just pure silk. She snaps on command with a delicate nip at beautiful scenery n appreciates everything I show her, always on time n never delays or hesitates like the larger full figured women, I mean cameras.

We've all been there, so enjoy the feeling. Enjoy em all but be sure to give em all a run for the money, good maintenance adn they will last a long long time. These are real pro cameras , thorobreds, and need to be worked hard.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My advice is to start drinking heavily.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. I am *so* in the right forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Idle hands are the devil's workplace. Keep those mitts of your busy. Shuffleing cards will probably do the trick!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Camera fondling a Hasselblad has not only been hazardous to my financial well being, it has also led me down the path to setting up a complete black & white and color darkroom on the West Coast, a film only black & white and color darkroom on the East Coast and to large format photography. Hence the signature line!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin