Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,431   Online: 973

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreyg View Post
    If you are going the surgical gloves route get nitrile unpowdered gloves. Many surgical gloves come powdered and that could possibly present a problem. The nitrile also come latex free for those who are allergic.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com
    I've used the powdered ones successfully, just "wash your hands" after you put them on. The gloves dry quickly.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I usually get an itch somewhere as soon as my hands are in the bag and the film is out of the canister...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward_S View Post
    I usually get an itch somewhere as soon as my hands are in the bag and the film is out of the canister...
    Yea I start doing the ichy-goomy dance almost every time. Since I am not a Navy Seal, I am not capable of mentally dismissing an itch. Ever pick up a pen with your teeth and try to scratch an itch while the hands are in the bag?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Photoflex Changing Room. http://www.freestylephoto.biz/25001-...-Changing-Room

It helps to have the extra space. As others posted, put in a lint free towel.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I spent ~1.5 hours half naked in the pitch black bathroom with a tiny fan at 12AM, rolling 34 36exp cassettes of Kodak Double X from a 1000ft reel last week. Not fun since the AC does not circulate in.

Tonight seems much more humid, broke a sweat in bathroom rolling just 3 rolls of Kodalith 12exp to test from a 100ft roll.

My darkroom is also quite warm, the air circulation is horrible. Might need to drag in a portable AC, the fan is not cutting it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If it is due to humid and hot in the room, I does mine in an air conditioned room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In hot weather I use a plastic ice pack that I have frozen in the freezer and leave it in the changing bag for half an hour before I put the tank, spiral and film in it and it keeps my hands from sweating while I load the film.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    In hot weather I use a plastic ice pack that I have frozen in the freezer and leave it in the changing bag for half an hour before I put the tank, spiral and film in it and it keeps my hands from sweating while I load the film.
    Let me get my mind around this ...

You place the plastic ice pack in the changing bag along with your hands a half hour before loading the film on the reels for the tank, right?
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 07-06-2011 at 12:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    Now I can get this image into my head and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I spent ~1.5 hours half naked in the pitch black bathroom with a tiny fan at 12AM, rolling 34 36exp cassettes of Kodak Double X....
    This image I dare not get in my mind.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    I spent ~1.5 hours half naked in the pitch black bathroom with a tiny fan at 12AM, rolling 34 36exp cassettes of Kodak Double X
    So is this rated X, XX, or XXX?

What else is sweaty, dare I ask?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin