Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,578   Posts: 1,545,723   Online: 866

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've transported camera gear in handlebar bags, on racks, backpacks and jersey pockets. They all work.
    My preference is a rack on the back, or rear panniers with a rack. I find that a backpack makes you top-heavy, and gets uncomfortable after a while.
    If the cameras have some padding and are secured, a fall from pannier height, or even rack height isn't a problem.
    If they are going to fall, I'd much rather it be from a 3 ft/ 1 meter or so than from 6 feet attched to me.
    YMMV

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo

this i have posted in an other thread too

http://www.koenig-photobags.de/Backroller.phtml

not cheap but safe

maybe you can doo something similar in diy.

if you prefer mountainbiking the best way is to carry your cam in a backpacker. no suspension is as good as your legs

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Spacer: is that first pic a painted Klein Mantra?
    Nope. I looked into buying a Klein once, but the guy wanted what he paid new... 6 years after he bought it.
    This is a Montague Paratrooper.
    http://www.militarybikes.com/products.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    Nope. I looked into buying a Klein once, but the guy wanted what he paid new... 6 years after he bought it.
    This is a Montague Paratrooper.
    http://www.militarybikes.com/products.html
    Holy shite that's a cool bike. I've been looking to get a mtn bike for some time now and this thing looks sweeeeeet. Kinda disappointed it doesnt come in 29ers. Pshh, oh well.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Holy shite that's a cool bike. I've been looking to get a mtn bike for some time now and this thing looks sweeeeeet. Kinda disappointed it doesnt come in 29ers. Pshh, oh well.
    I think their prime goals were to have a bike that'd fold as compactly as possible, while retaining a lot of commonality with the majority of mtn bikes out there, for parts availability.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    That’s an excellent idea of setting up a camera on a bike. That looks very sturdy enough to hold the weight of the camera while riding the bicycle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was assigned to photograph bicycle cops back in the days of film.

I put a Gitzo ball head on a Manfrotto clamp... clamped to the seat-post with a N8000 and electro release.
    Not sure how it would have faired in the rain though. Got some neat photos... anyway most unique and secure way I ever carried a camera on a bicycle.

I usually just put the lightest camera I have in the saddle bag.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I toured several months with a 4x5. I put the lens in the front pannier, right side, thinking to protect that side if I went into a crash. Yeah, right -- the one big crash I took had me over the handlebars and the front wheel/handlebars ended up rotated180 degrees! But everything ended up okay.

I had the camera in its pack on top of the back rack -- pretty well protected by the panniers.

On short trips with only the Rollei, I use an over-the-shoulder bag that works well in keeping the vibrations down somewhat. The bag ends up on the middle of by back, so my balance is fine. I just hope I don't crash and burn.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin