Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,340   Online: 974

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Enlarger lens for copy of negative and slide film

Has anybody experience with copying film with an enlarger lens, bellows and DSLR? Any recommendation on enlarger lens for that setup is much appreciated.

Shooter
    35mm
    You should reformulate the question as:
    Has anybody experience with copying film with an enlarger lens, bellows and SLR? Any recommendation on enlarger lens for that setup is much appreciated. I am also interested in performance with a DSLR.
    That would avoid invitations to ask the question in another forum

PS No I haven't any specific information to offer. I don't think that SLR and DSLR behave differently in this case, as the lens is far from the image plane and the light rays arrive "perpendicularly" to the image plane. DSLR tend to have some quality problem on the edge of the image especially with range-finders because the lens is nearer to the focal plane, the rays striking the edge are not perpendicular to the image and don't strike the sensor in an optimal way.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, I should add, my current setup is a macro lens with a home made tube and film holder and the performance is good for what I use it for. Now I'm changing setup to bellows + slide copier and wanted an enlarger lens for the copying to get even better performance but have no practical knowledge about enlarger lenses for that type of work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thirty minutes, without a suggestion to visit DPUG.
    Strange, But True ...

Ron

Shooter
    35mm
    what, I didn't knew that site existed :-) Thanks for the reply, might as well delete or close this thread then :-)

Shooter
    35mm
    On second thought, if you have a good advise I would still like to hear it as this place is probably more knowledgeable on enlarger lenses than any.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A good macro lens, most are flat field and with 1:1 reproduction you are good to go on an SLR. Bonus, no bellows required.

Most short focal length enlarger lenses are not really designed for 1:1.
    Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Enlarger lenses are normally very well corrected for field planarity and distortion (maybe also chromatic aberration). They are not necessarily symmetrical and, when you approach 1:1 (as is your case I presume), you could try them in inverted mount and compare performances (it's useless to invert symmetrical schemes).
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to do it as a job in a photo fininshing place. I used a 35mm SLR, bellow, I think a 50mm enlarging lens and the flash. It works ok but I honestly not happy with the result.
    (don't want to be kicked out of here but for what you want to achieve I would use my scanner)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why would you even need to involve an enlarger lens? You could do it with any macro lens made for that (?)SLR. Or - use a bellows (assuming you got one already) and regular lens. You will have to light it from behind the negs though, which will require some kind of light box.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin