Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,182   Online: 642

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New UPS brokerage fee

UPS is now charging a $10 brokerage fee on air shipments from The USA to Canada.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more reason to not go Brown. I always get stuff shipped USPS/Canada Post or FedEx.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also new for faster service, FedEx merged with ExLax. The new service is FedExLax, for those things that must move overnight!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    They weren't charging this before? I must have had things shipped via UPS Ground, then, because I kept getting hit with a $40 brokerage fee (but it's been a couple of years because I stopped using them). FedEx and DHL use a sliding scale based on the value of the goods, and USPS is a flat $5.

Needless to say I've tried to use USPS shipping whenever possible from the US - it's a bit slower, but if I'm not in a hurry then it's a much better value. And, of course, if Canada Post isn't on strike
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    UPS is now charging a $10 brokerage fee on air shipments from The USA to Canada.
    That's less than I got whacked for with UPS Ground on my first and last dance with the brown truck to TO. Still, USPS/Canada Post remains the way to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The plus side was that duties were almost never levied in the past on fed ex ar in the past becuase no one could get the items processed fast enough.

I guess the CRA got wise to that. Goodby to that loophole. Although I have noticed that the CRA is a lot less keen to see the post office collect anything other than GST due these days.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The $10 on UPS air shipping started earlier this year according to the driver, and you have to have a cheque or credit card for the fees, the drivers can't accept cash.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    The $10 on UPS air shipping started earlier this year according to the driver, and you have to have a cheque or credit card for the fees, the drivers can't accept cash.

Good morning, Bob;

That comment about the cheque or credit card is not a good thing for someone who has neither. I have been working only with cash for the last 25 years.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    cash/greenbacks are going the way of the DoDo.
    Seems it gets harder and harder to keep off paper these days.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    everyone's doing it....US Post charges me $9 if I want to post ANYTHING in a box to the USA - they call it a "security fee" claiming it is an additional charge to x ray the box...

Funny thing is customs here does it for free....for now at least...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin