Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,410   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Palantiri7 View Post
    You can use a Billingham 335 or 445 for that stuff, but these bags are big and somewhat heavy.
    I have a Billingham 335 and the larger 550 bags and there's no way you could get a 15" laptop in them, these bags came out about thirty years ago before laptops were ever thought of.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    An Apple 17" MacBook Pro fits into a 445 perfectly: I travel with it all the time. I believe the bags were redesigned recently with the 'Tuk-Top' and other improvements, including space for a Billingham sleeve for 15" laptops (purchased separately). I use an aftermarket sleeve for the 17" laptop. It fits into the forward, zippered compartment under the main flap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Palantiri7 View Post
    An Apple 17" MacBook Pro fits into a 445 perfectly: I travel with it all the time. I believe the bags were redesigned recently with the 'Tuk-Top' and other improvements, including space for a Billingham sleeve for 15" laptops (purchased separately). I use an aftermarket sleeve for the 17" laptop. It fits into the forward, zippered compartment under the main flap.
    I've had my Billingham bags for about twenty five years.
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've had mine for 25.....days.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Think Tank Urban Disguise 50 or 60, whichever holds the laptop. Very well designed, comfortable, with everything accessible, durable, and they look more like ordinary laptop briefcases than camera bags. I have the UD 30 for a smaller kit without laptop and the UD 50 for when I need a laptop and/or more gear.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Think Tank Urban Disguise 50 or 60, whichever holds the laptop. Very well designed, comfortable, with everything accessible, durable, and they look more like ordinary laptop briefcases than camera bags. I have the UD 30 for a smaller kit without laptop and the UD 50 for when I need a laptop and/or more gear.
    My wife pointed out to me recently David when I was thinking about buying a Think Tank U.D 50 for street shooting (although I don't own a laptop) "It's more likely these days that you'll get mugged because they think you have laptop than for your old fashioned film gear".
    Ben

ZUU

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Like a lot of others, if you dont need to carry about all those lenses, you probably shouldn't. But if your work calls for it (if you're a journalistic photographer) I'd definitly go for something from the Lowpro range. When i need to carry about my gripped 5d mkii, I always have two or three lenses I need for whatever I'm doing, plus my speedlite, external drive and laptop, my lowpro sling carries it all comfortably, plus I can still get my bronica (sans grip unfortunately) and rolls and rolls of 120. it's heavy so i rarely have both cams though so weight isnt too bad. lowpro is great

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    My wife pointed out to me recently David when I was thinking about buying a Think Tank U.D 50 for street shooting (although I don't own a laptop) "It's more likely these days that you'll get mugged because they think you have laptop than for your old fashioned film gear".
    Laptops are so ubiquitous in NYC and relatively cheap these days, and they aren't worth stealing if they are more than six months old, so I don't think they're much of a target. Pilferage of new iPhones and iPads during shipping seems to be more of a growth industry.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotizedd View Post
    Looking for a bag to carry around for daily use. A sling would be nice, i was looking at the Incase x Ari Macropolous bag, but it wouldnt fit a 15in macbook pro.

The Gear:
    • 5d gripped
    • 27-70
    • 70-200
    • 35L
    • 15 in Macbook pro.
    • Stylus Epic

Style and looks are key, since this is a bag that will be with me wherever i go
    Wheeee! Welcome to DPUG everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin