Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,190   Posts: 1,658,991   Online: 927

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Camera bag reccomendation

Looking for a bag to carry around for daily use. A sling would be nice, i was looking at the Incase x Ari Macropolous bag, but it wouldnt fit a 15in macbook pro.

The Gear:
    • 5d gripped
    • 27-70
    • 70-200
    • 35L
    • 15 in Macbook pro.
    • Stylus Epic

Style and looks are key, since this is a bag that will be with me wherever i go

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me thinks you need to think about carrying less digital gear. A 5d with three lenses and a Macbook? Get a Medium Format camera and loose the 5d and the macbook.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    get some huge book bag looking thing.

you cant get away with less?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It ain't rocket science, you take all your gear to a photographic shop and try it in some bags.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Out of curiosity I googled some of the stuff listed above as I have no idea about modern gear. It looks like it'll all weigh around 7.5kg, I'd think twice about carrying all that up my stairs let alone lug it everywhere I go! The Stylus Epic, though, that has potential. It can fit in a pocket, you can have an extra roll of film in the other, perhaps a bit of money in the back pocket and a house key. Leave the iphone at home, along with all the gear and liberate yourself.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the Analog Photogaphy Users Group.

There are many choices for your small-format SLR. I think the best option would be to go to a camera store or a military surplus store with your stuff.

Personally, I would be mighty tempted to leave the 28-70 and the laptop at home, as well as the grip. You also might find that a 100 or 135 is better suited to daily use and lugging around than the 70-200. Far lower profile and lower value too. Plus they can be bought in faster versions than the zooms.

But we all make our own gear choices, whether or not they will work for someone else. In the same way, our favorite bags may not be best for you. I really think you need to visit a store that has bags in stock rather than asking on the Internet.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 09-15-2011 at 03:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holy crap! You carry all that gear around "daily"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbytes View Post
    Holy crap! You carry all that gear around "daily"?
    Makes sense if you are a newspaper photographer. I used to carry around more than that: three cameras, five lenses (three fixed: 28, 50, 135, and two zooms: 35-105 and 80-200), a 1.4x TC, one large motor drive, one small motor drive, two potato masher Sunpaks, two speedlite Sunpaks, and in a backpack in my trunk. Had a monopod, a tripod, light stands, and umbrellas in the car too. Used to carry a computer, Coolscan II and processing kit to out-of-town events as well sometimes. When the 1D came out, I started using two bodies instead of three, no more motor drives, and a computer became standard to carry every day.

But for every day personal shooting, I must admit that it sounds like a lot of stuff. But if that is what you have, you use it.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    You can use a Billingham 335 or 445 for that stuff, but these bags are big and somewhat heavy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin