I bought one of these some time ago and it seems to eat batteries. The instructions say that it consumes so little power there is no need for an off switch, but when I don't use mine the battery is dead in a week or two. I can guarantee that a new battery will be dead in a month. So far I am on my fourth battery. I should add that when it was delivered, with a battery, it was dead.
Am I right in assuming there is a problem here? Is there something I should be doing to make sure it is in 'idle mode' or something?
Sadly this item sat unused after purchase for a while so the warranty will have expired...